Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Very happy new owner

IanBiffer

After decades of lusting, years of saving and months of looking (and lurking on this forum) I have just taken the plunge and bought my first Porsche. It is an 08 997.1 Carrera S and I love it.

Exact spec I was looking for - Slate Grey, Manual, Bose, Heated Leather Sports Seats, Parking sensors, Rear wiper, Sat Nav.

As I had researched issues such as IMS, RMS and bore scoring I debated long and hard whether to find the extra for a Gen 2 but in the end I couldn't justify the extra £10k it would have cost.

As I am no techie, I paid for a PPI by Peter Morgan and this gave me the reassurance to go ahead.

I've only had it two months so it is still early days but I am delighted with it and I haven't even begun to explore the limits of it yet. It is only going to be used as a weekend fun car - I have a company car for the boring Monday to Friday stuff - and so the mileage will remain low.

To anyone else contemplating doing the same, I would say do it. There are always reasons not to do something like this, and other things to spend your money on but, at the end of the day, this is an ambition fulfilled and you can't put a price on that.

Will try to add some pictures soon.

:thumbs:

Congratulations mate.

You'll love it.

Looks like you've done your homework and the PPI will give you peace of mind.

Oh and...

:welcome:

:useless:

Hi Ian, Sounds like you did all the due diligence pre purchase , they are such great cars, there is virtually nothing like them for fun driving,handling, road presence, reliability. mine is my daily drive 10/12k pa and I still after 3 years love every minute I am driving it.. bet you will soon be trying to haggle a car allowance instead of the company car. :thumb: :grin:

Thanks . Here are a couple of photos - low quality I'm afraid.

Attachments

• front_731.jpg
    front_731.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 8,442
  • back_2_455.jpg
    back_2_455.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 8,442
  • back_200.jpg
    back_200.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 8,442
Yep - nice car and welcome to here. :thumbs:

very nice car

enjoy :thumb:

Wonderful cars, fantastic driving experience.

Enjoy
:thumb:

Nice car, great colour.

:welcome: to 911ownership and to 911uk. :thumb:

Congratulations ian. She looks fantastic :thumb:

Beaut! :thumb:

Great stuff. Congrats and welcome.
Looks just like mine used to..... Until I started tinkering!!

Beauty......Great feeling.
Welcome BTW. The knowledgeable bunch on here will further add to your enjoyment. :thumbs:

That looks lovely. I'm in a similar position, albeit I'm looking to buy in November . I'm after a very late 997.1 manual preferably in slate grey. Where did you get yours from, I've been scouring Autotrader / Listings are / web for past 12 months getting a feel for the market and learning from the advice on here.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back