Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ariel Atom Supercharged

911tom

Mugello
I am becoming a little obsessed by the idea of buying one. Anyone got one / had any experience? Are they as awesome as everyone says? Looking at residuals they do not seem to loose any money so even if I hardly use it it will cost hardly anything.....

Not driven one myself, but have been taken out around a track by the factory driver in a supercharged one and also on the roads around the factory in a Mugen version. The performance is absolutely bonkers :) As is the practicality.

MC

Cheers MC. It would be a sunny day blast car, with the odd track day. I do not really need anything practical as I have my astra van for work and popping about, the family bus (qashqai)and of course the Turbo. I think I need to book and experience day. Thing is then I will be buying one I am sure!!

I had the opportunity to drive a Atom

Bearing in mind I have a Caterham 7 superprint (1983) the atom in standard form will bring a smile, not only visual form but to drive is absolutely the finest driving 20 odd minutes I will ever enjoy.

The attention to detail and the whole nature of an Atom seems perfect

If you have chance 911tom buy one

:thumb:

I've been taken out around the track in one and it was epic. One of my favourite car related experiences of all time.

All positive so far. I have not heard anyone say they are not what they are cracked up to be. I think I had better make some enquiries and get some experience in one. :)

Had a track session in one and they are very quick and great fun. You can power past lots of decent stuff and slice at will.

Just don't bend it, as suspension repairs may be costly.

Go for it. I'm sure you'll love it.

Quick update. Hands have been shaken. Hoping to collect over the weekend. Mandatory pictures will follow :)

I like your style, you don't hang about.

MC

911tom said:
Quick update. Hands have been shaken. Hoping to collect over the weekend. Mandatory pictures will follow :)

Well done that man :thumb:

I had a ride in one around the MIRA handling circuit, it was a truly bonkers experience, we never went in a straight line once :D

Tom, PLEASE take me for a spin in it!!!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

:drink: :drink: :drink:

:friends: :friends: :friends:

Jin, like I am going to need an excuse to drive it! You got my number mate :thumb:

911tom said:
Jin, like I am going to need an excuse to drive it! You got my number mate :thumb:

Remember, I live on the B660 that Shurv is trying to organise a drive on!!!

When do you get her :?:

911tom said:
I am becoming a little obsessed by the idea of buying one. Anyone got one / had any experience? Are they as awesome as everyone says? Looking at residuals they do not seem to loose any money so even if I hardly use it it will cost hardly anything.....

Took out a Caterham 620R and liked the performance. Was a passenger in a supercharged Ariel with an aero package and whilst the performance is similar the Ariel is more aligned to what I was looking for.

So this week Ariel factory are adding a supercharger and wings to the 2015 Atom Cup car I bought used (300 miles) in June this year. Car is SORN so did one track day on road tyres because the 500 mile running in / oil change and factory check was not yet complete. Even being gentle it is a very entertaining drive, and more so in the wet.

Planning to be at Donington later this month.

Yet another happy ariel owner! I will likely try to do a couple of the club organised track days at some point. That way I will be insured.

Jin picking it up this morning. With the weather looks a bit hit and mis so I may be getting we lol.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back