Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Video: Yacht docking in Monaco

isysman

Daytona
Ok guys, nothing to do with Porsche but I thought you might like to see a short film I made at the weekend as we docked in Monaco. It was an impulse thing really, never gave it any thought but it was one of the few times I was off duty when we were moving so I tried to capture the sights & sounds of yachting and docking in Monaco.

Feedback and constructive criticism is welcomed

Great vid mate you don't get to see Monaco from that angle often :thumb: :grin:

I've got a Seagull outboard that might fit that :thumb:

Actually, how long does it take you edit something like that?

Thanks chaps.

Editing can take many hours depending on how well you know the software. That's why I'm doing these videos - for practise and enjoyment of course. To edit this took me probably 5 hours total. Crazy I know for a 5 minute film. But I'll get faster as I get more experienced and each video I make gets a little better quality (excluding the cars spotting ones).

This one is the first one where I did all the sound separately. Makes a huge difference to the finished product. As you can imagine at sea you get a lot of wind and Mics don't like wind.

It's also the first time I've used wide screen bars and filters in post to try to give it a 'film' look.

isysman said:
Thanks chaps.

Editing can take many hours depending on how well you know the software. That's why I'm doing these videos - for practise and enjoyment of course. To edit this took me probably 5 hours total. Crazy I know for a 5 minute film. But I'll get faster as I get more experienced and each video I make gets a little better quality (excluding the cars spotting ones).

This one is the first one where I did all the sound separately. Makes a huge difference to the finished product. As you can imagine at sea you get a lot of wind and Mics don't like wind.

I can't say I am surprised, when I was looking at all the different shots it dawned on me that it must have taken ages given how well it was done. Have to admit I didn't consider the sea noise the though. The videos are great and certainly not a bad place to practice.

very good and interesting to see the principality from a different angle.

I wait the 'docking in immingham' next though..... :wink:

isysman said:
Thanks chaps.

I have to say mate the quality of the film and sound was very good and some of the angles were great. can you see if you can get more cars and girls in the next one though :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
isysman said:
Thanks chaps.

I have to say mate the quality of the film and sound was very good and some of the angles were great. can you see if you can get more cars and girls in the next one though :floor: :floor: :floor:

Thanks. Yeah there are so many hot women here but strangely they get upset if you film them!

We're going back out at the weekend, if I'd known that I might have waited and shot more video before uploading! Oh well.

Interesting the comments about seeing Monaco from another angle. This is really the way I think of Monaco. Until this year I'd only ever arrived there by sea.

You need to film from behind mate :grin:

Took me 5hrs to edit these too! :lol:

PICT0004_zpsklsrz5uo.jpg

DSC01216_zpsoglfeibf.jpg

DSC03585_zps8baiwuk9.jpg

Great video, really gives a sense of the place. Perhaps a bit more of a story or context would be helpful if you could find some way of getting that in. Things like a still of the boat, location in the harbour, elapsed time.....that provide a back drop to the impressive pictures.

It is a lovely place and the best way to arrive. Out of interest, how many crew on a vessel of that size? Chatting to a crew member of one of the bigger boats there and they were saying between 50 and 60 depending on guests!

More video please.

Johnd52 said:
Great video, really gives a sense of the place. Perhaps a bit more of a story or context would be helpful if you could find some way of getting that in. Things like a still of the boat, location in the harbour, elapsed time.....that provide a back drop to the impressive pictures.

It is a lovely place and the best way to arrive. Out of interest, how many crew on a vessel of that size? Chatting to a crew member of one of the bigger boats there and they were saying between 50 and 60 depending on guests!

More video please.

Thanks for the comments. Well I was trying to be a bit arty, and at the same time trying to be a bit vague about the boat I work on so my ex doesn't find out (she's got form of contacting my place of work in the past.) I'm sure she watches my vids.

Crew numbers depend on a couple of things. Size obviously also how often the boat is used by the owner, charter boats are busier etc. Amazingly some boats sit around for 11 months of the year and are only used by the owner for a month (some even less). The largest boat Dilbar has 80 crew. I've worked on yachts with 45 crew. They usually swell when the owner joins the boat as they bring staff with them (massage therapist, fitness guy, yoga instructor, security nanny/s if they have young kids etc)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back