Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Night driving roof down - do you do it ?

wilpert

Indianapolis
Tonight I came back from an evening at a friends house and it was quite a mild evening. I've never really had the desire to drive at night with the roof open but going around the lanes, especially with the brighter lights that I haven't been used to, was awesome.

Am I the only one who drives al fresco in the dark or do others also drive at night and not only drop the top in the sunlight.

On a nice summers evening and out for a blast with the roof down, what`s not to like :D

Nice fresh frosty mornings are also a must do, makes you feel truly alive :thumb:

Second opinion.... Don't do it. You'll look proper throbbers. :nooo:

I did find myself lowering the volume of my teddy Pendergass song when I got in amongst the traffic at the lights.

So yes I suppose I could have looked like a grade a throbber.

Roof down a/c on.
When we get a Summer that is

wilpert said:
Tonight I came back from an evening at a friends house and it was quite a mild evening. I've never really had the desire to drive at night with the roof open but going around the lanes, especially with the brighter lights that I haven't been used to, was awesome.

Am I the only one who drives al fresco in the dark or do others also drive at night and not only drop the top in the sunlight.

some chums of ours have a 1930s Austin and we've been in that at night with the roof down. They told us to cuddle up to their dog to keep warm...

Great feeling driving at night roof down I used to do it a lot when I had a soft top, not so much fun driving roof down in the rain lol then you really do look a "throbber". :thumb:

Used to do it all the time when I had a soft top. Who cares what anyone else thinks. On a cool summer's night, if out in the sticks, the smells are amazing, it really is special.

One of the best runs we had was a summer night with storm threatening. Really warm with fantastic sky, luckily we got home before it really started, but watching sky light up was superb

ragpicker said:
Roof down all the time. Day or night. As long as its dry!

Clearly I have a severe case of Throbberitis and need to see a throbberitologist :wink:
:lol:

Norfolk & Idea said:
ragpicker said:

Clearly I have a severe case of Throbberitis and need to see a throbberitologist :wink:
:lol:

Well at least I'm not the only one having a throbtastic time in my car.

ragpicker said:

Apparently bromide in your tea is a good cure for Throbberitis and it may just save you having to visit a throbberitologist and ending up with a throbbersectomy. :floor: :thumb:

If the weather is even remotely pleasant than I tend to put the roof down on the convertible - day or night. There is something relaxing about driving al fresco at night that I find really compelling. As for what I might look like : I couldn't say that I care in the slightest... 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back