Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Denison DAB+R

basadan

My FM reception has become worse, picking up only the strongest of signals. I've looked for bad grounds, broken wires to the amplifiers and cleaned all the terminals in the rear spoiler. Next thing maybe to replace the rear FM amplifier but I'd be guessing. If I ignore the FM problem, has anybody used the Denison DAB+R tuner?
http://www.dension.com/products/dab-solutions/dabr

I've recently installed the Dension DAB+U due to the same FM problems.
The installation is easy enough but getting regular, reliable DAB signal is another story.

I finally achieved this by a) ensuring the DAB aerial was correctly grounded (my error in not reading the instructions fully) b) installing the correct configuration file (K13) and c) using a standard micro USB cable instead of the the larger USB to USB cable supplied.
It was a frustrating process but all the problems are now resolved.

The result gives good DAB sound but I have a few gripes:
- It works by buffering so there is initially a 30-60 second delay while the unit starts up, indexes itself and buffers the station. Likewise if you go through a tunnel you lose reception about 20 seconds later.
- It emulates a USB stick so the radio stations are "tracks" that you select. Therefore no further information is available except the radio name (no track/station information is displayed).

It works well though once you settle on a station and it's fully integrated in to the pcm and dash screen and you can use the steering wheel controls to switch stations.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back