Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster RSR-look, good or bad idea?

Good idea? Bad idea?

• I could see that working...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're wasting your time and money!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RichiRich

Suzuka
Hi all,

I've been minus-Porsche for over two years now and am getting itchy feet. I wanted to return to an air-cooled Porsche, but I'm not sure if I can get what I want for the money I want to pay.

So... I thought about doing something different, but am wondering if my imagination and reality match up.

I really like this widebody speedster:

050306161612101230956856.jpg

05030616161201230956876.jpg

I also like this 996 GT3 RSR:

DSC_7129-800x532.jpg

DSC_7220-800x532.jpg

With Boxster prices being pretty cheap, what if you could merge the two... would it end up being a "marmite" car - i.e. some would love it and some would hate it?

Here's my thinking... stick to the speedster design/style as much as possible... so black Boxster 986, RSR bodykit (no rear spoiler), spider roof cover, 18" (BBS?) wheels with black centres and polished rim (edge). GT3 look interior (996 or 997 look) bucket seats with houndstooth centre (like the "50 year" 997). Silver side stripes (similar to the speedster).

For the front lights, I'm not sure whether the std 996 lights should be used or race look lights like this:

08_big.jpg

15_big.jpg

Something similar has been done before, but I'm wondering if I could do a better job with the design.

maxresdefault.jpg

OK, now I'm ready to be shot down... comments please?
:gunfire:

Provided your careful with the styling and it doesn't end up looking like a cheap MR2 kit car then I like the idea .
I must say the first pic of the WB speedster is stunning .

If you are happy and love your car, it doesn't matter what the 'iluminati' think
you crack on son :thumb:
PS Love the speedster

That one did get completed

DSC_83141401902556.jpg

paul987 said:
I think caution would be needed to stop it looking max power :eek:

I think the choice of wheels would determine that...

RichiRich said:

DSC_83141401902556.jpg

paul987 said:

looks nice :thumb: :grin: and agree choice of wheels plays a bit part in whether something works or not

RichiRich said:

DSC_83141401902556.jpg

paul987 said:

Ah so they did and it looks great.

your correct about wheel choice :thumb: Colour is also a big factor, what colour are you thinking of?

I personally don't like that blue one.. but I think it's just the shade of blue it is. maybe in riviera or another OE colour it would look a lot better.

Somewhere floating around the net is some pictures of a white Boxster race car with a Cayman style hardtop and the rsr kit it truly is stunning.... but I sadly can't seem to find it now :pc:

Attachments

• 031433759969_153.jpg
    031433759969_153.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 4,567
Like the first one, Speedster for me though personally I think the rear arches are possibly slightly too wide.

At the end of the day its your car, go for what you will enjoy.

Speedster for me too. Never get tired of looking at that car or photo :camera:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back