Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 GT3 engine mounts

NLW73

Are they semi solid or just normal road going ones like a c2?

Did Porsche uprate the engine mounts for the gt3.

Looking at some rss ones for the rear of mine and supposed to be a good upgrade. Do the transmission at same time?

cool thanks Nick

I see design 911 sell the rennline tranny mounts.

what about the engine mounts from Rennline? anyone run those?

NW

NLW73 said:
cool thanks Nick

I see design 911 sell the rennline tranny mounts.

what about the engine mounts from Rennline? anyone run those?

NW

Don't go for the solid mounts I've heard stories of them cracking sub frame. The adjustable ones I like the look of and probably would of gone with them if they were available when I changed my engine mounts. I have the RSS ones very happy with them, but for £10 more the rennline ones give you the option of changing firmness which seems worth a go to me, plus they do look good :grin:

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod1...Mount--Pair--Porsche-964-993-986-996-987-997/

Cunno said:
Don't go for the solid mounts I've heard stories of them cracking sub frame.

It's actually the engine hanger that cracks; you'd need to fit the Cup one which is made out of steel not ally; then you'd need to life it.... Aside from that possibility, solid mounts simply transmit so much noise into the car that you'd not want to drive for long. A step too far for a road car imo.

thanks chaps and Oracles as usual!

so go for the semi solid ones like RSS or rennline and do the tranny mount too.

will be noisier than OEM but will certainly help out with weight transfer and handling .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back