Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2004 Cayenne 4.5 Turbo

stucart

Seen one for sale with 82K miles and supposedly FSH, is it a worth considering as a replacement for my 1998 750i BMW that ive owned for 9 years ( bought at 109K and only put 20K on it (18-19mpg) that is now showing its age and electrical gremlins are taking over, not cost me much apart from service items that are reasonable, got hands dirty with few jobs which I don't mind, now would a Cayenne be an absolute money pit or like the BMW will the quality shine thru and you end up with a high original cost motor for peanuts but pay in fuel consumption which don't matter as its a occasional toy???
Though about a RR but at the sort of £8-9K money will ony get you a higher mileage similar age one that according to Internet will fall to pieces and cost a fortune??

RR go wrong at whatever money. When they are working they are wonderful cars. Let me know if you want to see your 750.

MC

Hmmm .. i love the cayenne , its brilliant on or off road .. the turbo goes like stink .. but .. old cayennes are starting to suffer from electrical problems .. id love to say buy it . it will be great etc but my honest answer is unless you can test every electrical item on the car , have no vibrations / noises at 70 ish and the coolant lvl is spot on then i would question it.

IF it has been well looked after then it will be a great buy .. but im haveing to try and fix some of these electrical problems with customers on a budget , its not easy.

My advise would be to thoroughly check the car over before buying or get a ppi done at an indy .. if you get a good one then it will be good .. bad ones are expensive.

Didn't even get to see it, someone saved me from that one they bought it, perhaps it was a good one who knows.
Search for 750i replacement continues............... X5??? Cayenne, RR could take a while :eek:

stucart said:
Didn't even get to see it, someone saved me from that one they bought it, perhaps it was a good one who knows.
Search for 750i replacement continues............... X5??? Cayenne, RR could take a while :eek:

RR ... Money pit ...!!
Don't take the chance on one....I had one, good whilst it was running fine, an expensive sponge for your cash ( if no warranty)

Cayenne MY 2009 onwards is favourite from your wee list there ....

T

Now OPC offer warranty up to 15 years old might be a safety net to consider.... :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back