Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stolen recovered 1997 993 S 53,000 miles ?

tyinsky

Suzuka
http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=6903

porsche-911-993-carrera-s-coupe-S2409999-5.jpg

Last of the 993s on an 'R' plate, 53,000 miles. Could be a nice car for someone with many of these advertised for upwards of £70k?

his is a genuine 53,000 miles FSH 993 Carrera S. 6 speed Manual. One of the very last in RHD. Colour is Ibis blue metallic with light grey hard back sports seats. The electric seats all work as does everything else.

The interior is virtually unmarked and the original Porsche stereo is still there.

Paintwork is lovely with only some light marks comensurate with it being used.

Last service was with Porsche Edinburgh. Major service which inclued all discs and pads.

Its garaged always and the reason for sale is that I ve bought a 997 TT and it is bascically more fun, so rather than the 993 sit there I d rather sell it.

Wow that advert knows how to big up the sale.....

"The reason for selling is I've bought a 997TT which is more fun....." Er let me see now, I'm thinking of buying a 993 widebody at a premium, this car is a cat D, mmmmm difficult one, oh hang on a minute a 997TT is more fun..... Why don't I buy one of those instead :dont know:

jontt ....... your post has somewhat confused me ....... but of course at my age I am easily confused ........ :dont know: ....... :?:

madalaa said:
jontt ....... your post has somewhat confused me ....... but of course at my age I am easily confused ........ :dont know: ....... :?:

This is a genuine 53,000 miles FSH 993 Carrera S. 6 speed Manual. One of the very last in RHD. Colour is Ibis blue metallic with light grey hard back sports seats. The electric seats all work as does everything else.

The interior is virtually unmarked and the original Porsche stereo is still there.

Paintwork is lovely with only some light marks comensurate with it being used.

Last service was with Porsche Edinburgh. Major service which inclued all discs and pads.

Its garaged always and the reason for sale is that I ve bought a 997 TT and it is bascically more fun, so rather than the 993 sit there I d rather sell it.

When I bought the car it was with the knowledge that it had previously been stolen and recovered. I had the car looked over by Porsche and they gave ot a complete clean bill of health. Letter to confirm.

The car is in East Scotland. If you need any further info let me know.

porsche-911-993-carrera-s-coupe-S2409999-3.jpg
[/img][/u]

That air filter arrangement is enough to make it a write off in my book :nooo:

tyinsky said:
Is the turbo style spoiler something that was a factory option or is it likely to have been replaced? Looks massive.

I was thinking it looked huge too. Makes the wide bodied car look like a narrow.

The car is actually a CAT C and there were repairs to the car when it was S&R

(Updated with the advert here)

Since the seller has been confused with not knowing the car was written off on previous occasions and confused to whether it was a Cat D or C, the usual buyer warnings exist for this deal

jonttt said:
Wow that advert knows how to big up the sale.....

"The reason for selling is I've bought a 997TT which is more fun....." Er let me see now, I'm thinking of buying a 993 widebody at a premium, this car is a cat D, mmmmm difficult one, oh hang on a minute a 997TT is more fun..... Why don't I buy one of those instead :dont know:

:floor:

The car looks good, and could still be an investment or just fun to have, but I'm always suspicious of cat cars as they seem to have very low mileage
for the year.

Excellent news. Car is a double write off on the register (Cat C and Cat D) but does have a letter from an OPC saying they can't see anything wrong. Nice find for someone :thumbs:

tyinsky said:
Excellent news. Car is a double write off on the register (Cat C and Cat D) but does have a letter from an OPC saying they can't see anything wrong. Nice find for someone :thumbs:

still doesnt explain the mileage :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back