Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car spotting in Monaco

isysman

Daytona
Ok guys I'm back at work now and I'm laid up onboard in Monaco. Been going ashore in the evenings and walking around the place. The first night I was here (Monday) they were still dismantling the F1 Armco and building erected for the event.

Anyway last night I shot some video and I've posted it on my account. You'd really need to have a high end car to stand out in Monaco. It reminded me of the Top Gear Perfect driving road when they stayed here.

Never really done any car spotting and felt a bit of a numpty at first until I realised that pretty much everyone is doing it in the main areas so nobody gives you a second look.

Feels great in the evening after work to just walk out and be greeted immediately with amazing cars.

Excellent stuff👍🏼👍🏼

That Maserati MC12 is incredible.

Nice video Isysman. The cars that get around Monaco are always amazing, but it's the super-yachts that blow my mind. The budget required to run one of those is on another planet.

Kudos to the guy who brought his Maserati MC12 out in the rain though. That must feel 'very' wide on the streets of Monte Carlo.

Thanks for posting a great video. They certainly have a better class of traffic jam there. It must be an interesting place to work in, what do you do?

Off topic, but with that amount of obscene wealth around is there a crime problem especially with so many boats to choose from?

Thanks chaps. I only shot a quick video so it's not at the standard I like to make but it's sort of an impulse decision to shoot it when I saw the White Speedster.

I work on yachts in Electronics and IT and we are moored here right now.

I don't think they have a crime problem, there are a large amount of cops on the street for the size of the place and I suppose if everyone is rich then there's no issue.

I'm on one of the large yachts, there are many here but most are relatively small compared to the mega yachts. Some of them never move as well. They are owned and crewed but never use them. And if you have a crewed boat it still costs money. My last boat cost approx €50k per month for fuel for the generators even though we are just alongside. Then you have food, salary etc.

A big mega yacht costs about €15-20 million a year to run (I've seen the bills) and costs about €200,000 to fill with fuel.

You wouldn't believe how secure Monaco is. I once bought a book on the place. The surveillance is unreal. They even have hidden microphones in the flower beds.

Police are also famous for dumping the odd dead body over the border in France to keep their statistics down :grin:

If you get the train in and look like a scruffy backpacker (tramp in their eyes), you'll just get put back on the next train and on your way. It is quite an odd place when you spend some time there. Funny how the super rich behave - everyone else is invisible to them.

Also cracks me up that when your dog does a poo, you bag it up and leave it at the side of the kerb, so that the council can come round and collect and dispose it for you.

Monaco has the highest ratio in the world of police vs locals. Something like 1 in ten is a policeman.

I've just arrived in Vence for a 2 week holiday. Sometime over the next week,you'll see an arctic silver 996 C4S buzzing round the streets. We'll have a day in Monaco, and have a load of time bazzing round the local roads. Col du Turini will be a favourite.

Shurv said:
I've just arrived in Vence for a 2 week holiday. Sometime over the next week,you'll see an arctic silver 996 C4S buzzing round the streets. We'll have a day in Monaco, and have a load of time bazzing round the local roads. Col du Turini will be a favourite.

Nice, I would like to drive there in my 911 some day.

Just watch it, the cops are hot on stopping people for excessive revving and speeding especially through the tunnel.

I'll keep an eye out for you!

You'll hear me before you see me lol. Thanks for the heads up ref cops. :D

Nice video, great to see a proper Mini mixed in there with all the high end metal, also that it's not just raining here! :thumb:

Nice! A Veyron would have been lovely in the video 😊

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back