Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear: Series 23, Episode 3: 12 Jun 16 8pm BBC2

Porsche News

Top Gear, Series 23 Episode 3 of 6

The latest instalment of the world's biggest motoring show sees Chris Evans struggling to keep his lunch down as he rides with Sabine Schmitz in the new Audi R8.

Elsewhere, Rory Reid tests the new Ford Focus RS, Chris Harris attempts to tame Ferrari's savage F12 TDF and Matt LeBlanc gets a whistle-stop tour of London in Ken Block's fearsome 'Hoonicorn'.

p03xktn6.jpg

Top Gear: Extra Gear Episode 3 of 6 ONLINE

In the third episode of Extra Gear, Rory and Chris reveal some exclusive extra Hoonicorn scenes from the main show.

Chris Harris gives us his unfiltered view on the AMG GTS as he tears it round the track, Rory reveals behind the scenes of his Hot Hatches film and comedian Zoe Lyons joins them in studio as a special guest.

chris-harris-explains-the-chassis-of-the-mercedes-amg-gt-and-takes-it-for-a-drift-video-89700-7.jpg

I'm still watching it. Apart from the celebrity sofa bit which is too long i think it's great.

Happy to be in the minority though. :)

Starting to grow on me - now up to a 7.5 out of 10, so heading in the right direction.

Think it all the better for Chris Evans having a lower percentage of the total air time.

Roro said:
Absolutely loved it

:coat:

Best TG I've seen in years :thumbs:

Proper car show. The feature on the Focus RS looked like the A4069, which is now a 40 limit for the resat of us :-(

Thought it was better tonight, they seem to have calmed Chris down a bit and given him a bit less microphone time.

MLB is really good but it seems to take the Britishness out of it a bit.
Call me old fashioned but the old lot had a bit of a British banter that is now missing.

I genuinely thought that was the best TG show for many, many years, proper petrol head stuff with some genuine input from the other presenters. Matt LeBlanc could carry this show without Evans, who annoyingly still thinks he is Clarkson reborn.

The Hoonigan stuff was good too.

Flame suit on :grin:

Roro said:
Absolutely loved it

:coat:

Best TG I've seen in years :thumbs:

Yup, proper action packed. R8 feature good, F12 feature even better, KB section great to watch - savage machine :worship:

The celebs didn't grate on me as much as previous weeks, although it's still weakest part of show, but then I never liked it under the old regime either.

A big improvement over last week's episode, for sure.

But....... as above; the telling thing will be if they can get the banter and the laughs back in. Do remember though, it took the old team a good 5-6 series before they got the banter going properly, so it won't happen overnight. Keep up the form of this week though and I'll be pleased.

Not a bad show tonight TBH, seems that the less Chris Evans takes part, the better Top Gear is...................He really isn`t needed, the others can carry it off without him, Matt as main presenter :thumb:

Agree with all that's been said

Don't think they'll ever re-create the classic TG (circa 2005/6ish) when they had the formula spot on without being too stupid and scripted but as a car show this is getting better by the the show:

1st programme = shite
2nd = better
3rd = 50% better again

Great to see Harris on main show !!

Keep it up :thumb:

Sabine was stunning around Laguna with the gizmos switched off .... did I hear right that she was a full 7 seconds quicker. :?:

Really good show this week. Chris Harris is the saviour if I'm being honest.

Amusing banter over on the RS Owners Club forum this evening now that TP has awarded the Focus RS the titles of best car on sale today...

:floor: :floor: :floor:

adamw said:
Agree with all that's been said

Don't think they'll ever re-create the classic TG (circa 2005/6ish) when they had the formula spot on without being too stupid and scripted but as a car show this is getting better by the the show:

1st programme = shite
2nd = better
3rd = 50% better again

Great to see Harris on main show !!

Keep it up :thumb:

Spot on, agree totally apart from one thing Le Blanc is carrying the show, Chris is utter rubbish and should stick to being a DJ

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back