Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Keep it or Flip it? New 911.....

crlincoln

Ok, so not as bad as it sounds... so I went a brought a new 911 GT3 RS... oh yeah the LEGO one... popped over to the LEGO store in Brighton and they had a few in the store..

When I got home I decided to just have a laugh and look what people are trying to sell them for on eBay...

SHOCK HORROR... it's £250 in the store, yet people are trying to sell them between £350-£525......

Personally even with a full size car, I can't imagine being in a place that I'd buy something just to sell it for a profit... so should I have the same discipline with an actual toy...

So do I just sit down and build it, or do I flip it? and pop over and buy another one from the store.......

crlincoln said:
So do I just sit down and build it, or do I flip it? and pop over and buy another one from the store.......

I'd do the latter chum :thumb: I did the same thing with Nepalese Gurkha Kukri knives when I was in Kathmandu several years ago when you could sell knives on UK eBay.

I bought at £7 and the best price I got was £93 :eek: The baggage scanners face was a picture by all accounts :grin:

Get involved - it's a bloody work of art!!!

Good heads up thanks, I've just bought one from Brighton, seems they have quite a few left if anyone's interested.. :lol:

They are temporarily out of stock online so clearly a high demand at the moment!

Eldavo said:
Get involved - it's a bloody work of art!!!

Excellent work Dave, any more wip pictures
Max (TSN) :thumbs:

Looks great, must get one and have a play.

MC

It appears, after some rumours to the contrary, that this won't be a limited edition model afaik... So just buy it and enjoy it imo!

i do hope it is NOT limited edition - The Lego website just says temporarily out of stock.

It is a good looking model and I hope get one when they've made a few more.

I'm certainly not going to pay a premium...

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back