Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 21
997 : 2004- 63
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 0
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 26
Cayman : 2005- 20
Cayenne : 2003- 5
Macan : 2014- 3
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 16194
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: 997 Sports Classic for sale. WTF !!!!! Reply with quote

I went window licking as I was passing OPC Tonbridge this morning and saw this on display. It's the only 911 my missus has ever said she likes so I was curious to know the asking price.

I know it's rare and this one has only done 6,520 miles in 6 years but .......



I won't make it a quiz 'cause you'll only google it anyway but I bet you'll all be as gobsmacked as I was.
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 16194
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a guess before scrolling down.

.


.



.



.



.



.



.


.


.


,



,


.


.





_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911UK
Porsche Community
Porsche Community


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 10323
Location: 911UK

1997 Porsche 993 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was another one recently spotted by @rich911draper at £276,000 !

sheer madness, when that's 991 GT3 and 991 Targa GTS money with change
_________________
Get a Porsche Car Insurance Quote


FOLLOW 911UK ON TWITTER
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 16194
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911UK wrote:
there was another one recently spotted by @rich911draper at £276,000 !

sheer madness, when that's 991 GT3 and 991 Targa GTS money with change


As Rich' lives near Tonbridge I bet it's the same one but he got his numbers transposed.
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 16194
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked away thinking "Mine + £237k" nooo, absolutely nooo


_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Slayer
Indianapolis


Joined: 29 Dec 2010
Posts: 2475
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a joke Floor
_________________
Current: 981 Cayman S with some goodies
Sold:
Golf R 7.5 FL ( Atlantic blue with Akropovic exhausts/ Performance pack)
Golf R FL 7.5, A45 AMG FL, Golf R , Golf GT, VW Golf R (Reflex silver) 2016
VW Golf R, Golf Match, VW Scirocco 2TDI R line-BMT , 997 Gen 1 Turbo , 997 C2S(Aerokit), 997 C2S, Cayman S, 997 C4S, 997 Carrera, Boxster
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DRZ911
Barcelona


Joined: 13 Mar 2013
Posts: 1471
Location: Belfast


PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows that the market is twisted and skewed, and really doesn't have alot of sound logic behind it.

But frankly, for a car which would have been about £140K new (and even that was hard to justify), at £268K this is totally beyond nuts. Surprised

Don't know how the OPC has the nerve to advertise it at this price. nooo
_________________
991 Gen 2 GT3 Racing Yellow
Yamaha R1 and BMW R100RS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Rialas
Barcelona


Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Posts: 1498



PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I slowly scrolled down, and then really laughed.

They make the numbers up based on how stupid they think we are.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Chris_in_the_UK
Estoril


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 3595
Location: Harrogate


PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
_________________
2006 Cayman S PCCB's
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Whytar
Hockenheim


Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Posts: 661
Location: Sydney Downunder


PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a collectors piece and not a real world Porsche so it's irrelevant to most of us. The 911R will be the same!
_________________
2010 997.2 4S with the flappy paddles
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Chris_in_the_UK
Estoril


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 3595
Location: Harrogate


PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whytar wrote:
It's just a collectors piece and not a real world Porsche so it's irrelevant to most of us. The 911R will be the same!


The market/profiteering have made it so - real shame in my book.
_________________
2006 Cayman S PCCB's
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
s2000db
Imola


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 754
Location: Sth Bucks

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it got a FSH? Laughing
_________________
Lambo Huracan Performante
997 TurboS
997 C2S
996 C4
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Ursa911
Imola


Joined: 17 Feb 2016
Posts: 763
Location: Farningham, Kent


PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rialas wrote:
I slowly scrolled down, and then really laughed.


Yup me also, a proper snorty laugh on my 06.52 to Victoria commute this morning, and picked up a few looks in the carriage.

T8, only 911 Mrs T8 has ever said she likes.....the other half obviously has very expensive tastes
_________________
"If you see the tree you are driving in to, you have under steered. If you only hear it, you have over steered." - Walter Röhrl

2004 996.2 Manual C4S Cab Arctic Silver - Ursa911
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
megdog
Silverstone


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 106



PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get this, price just seems totally skewed. I can understand the 911R on the basis that it has the rare 4.0 RS engine and a few other bits n' bobs.

The Spot Classic on the other hand is basically a 997 GTS with a ducktail on the back. How can it possibly be rare and unique?!?!
_________________
991.1 Carrera S Guards Red
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 16194
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megdog wrote:
I really don't get this, price just seems totally skewed. I can understand the 911R on the basis that it has the rare 4.0 RS engine and a few other bits n' bobs.

The Spot Classic on the other hand is basically a 997 GTS with a ducktail on the back. How can it possibly be rare and unique?!?!


I too thought it was expensive when new for a GTS with a different paint job, unique roof, a ducktail and Fuchs wheels.

The fact remains that Porsche only made 250 so it is a very rare car.
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
mazza
Österreich


Joined: 06 May 2011
Posts: 963
Location: London


PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T8 wrote:
I too thought it was expensive when new for a GTS with a different paint job, unique roof, a ducktail and Fuchs wheels.

The fact remains that Porsche only made 250 so it is a very rare car.


And there's your answer... I must say I guessed £250k, looking at where the market is at on models like 997 GT3 4.0 are at...

Not saying I agree with the madness thou...
_________________
996 Turbo 9e30
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
s2000db
Imola


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 754
Location: Sth Bucks

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are utterly stupid to pay over the odds for this , it wasn't worth the money new imo....

Let me spell this out...

THIS IS NOT A RARE CAR!
_________________
Lambo Huracan Performante
997 TurboS
997 C2S
996 C4
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Disco
Estoril


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 3983
Location: Hertfordshire

2010 Porsche 997 GT3

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2000db wrote:
People are utterly stupid to pay over the odds for this , it wasn't worth the money new imo....

Let me spell this out...

THIS IS NOT A RARE CAR!


DVLA says that there are 27 in the country (so in the ball park of the 4 litre 997 RS, GT2RS and expected number of 991Rs) - what is your definition of rare? As has already been said - they only made 250 globally, each was hand finished at Werk 1 and is individually numbered, the ducktail and bubble roof are only available to customers with a Sport Classic VIN number and if sir can find another one for less then he is quite welcome to buy that one instead. There is one listed elsewhere on the web at an even more mind boggling £284995.....

Bottom line - it is worth as much as someone is prepared to pay for it, so while I would certainly never pay that kind of money for one either (even if I had unlimited wealth), if nobody out there would pay that kind of money they they wouldn't be asking it.

It is of course insane that they are worth so much, but it appears that to the market : they are... nooo
_________________
Colin

Black 997 GT3 3.8 CS - Acquired for the 2012 season and beyond
Black 996 GT3 Mk2 - Gone, but will never be forgotten
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
s2000db
Imola


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 754
Location: Sth Bucks

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco wrote:
s2000db wrote:
People are utterly stupid to pay over the odds for this , it wasn't worth the money new imo....

Let me spell this out...

THIS IS NOT A RARE CAR!


DVLA says that there are 27 in the country (so in the ball park of the 4 litre 997 RS, GT2RS and expected number of 991Rs) - what is your definition of rare? As has already been said - they only made 250 globally, each was hand finished at Werk 1 and is individually numbered, the ducktail and bubble roof are only available to customers with a Sport Classic VIN number and if sir can find another one for less then he is quite welcome to buy that one instead. There is one listed elsewhere on the web at an even more mind boggling £284995.....

Bottom line - it is worth as much as someone is prepared to pay for it, so while I would certainly never pay that kind of money for one either (even if I had unlimited wealth), if nobody out there would pay that kind of money they they wouldn't be asking it.

It is of course insane that they are worth so much, but it appears that to the market : they are... nooo


My definition of rare, is a substantially different bodyshell, or/and a substantially different engine... Tbh, I'm not sure a slight rebore counts, but hey what do I know..

A 959 is rare, as is a CGT...

A stick on ducktail, wheels, roof panel and a badge.... Nah.. Razz
_________________
Lambo Huracan Performante
997 TurboS
997 C2S
996 C4
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
anotherGT2
Watkins Glen


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 2022
Location: Staffordshire

2008 Porsche 997 GT2

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2000db wrote:
Disco wrote:
s2000db wrote:
People are utterly stupid to pay over the odds for this , it wasn't worth the money new imo....

Let me spell this out...

THIS IS NOT A RARE CAR!


DVLA says that there are 27 in the country (so in the ball park of the 4 litre 997 RS, GT2RS and expected number of 991Rs) - what is your definition of rare? As has already been said - they only made 250 globally, each was hand finished at Werk 1 and is individually numbered, the ducktail and bubble roof are only available to customers with a Sport Classic VIN number and if sir can find another one for less then he is quite welcome to buy that one instead. There is one listed elsewhere on the web at an even more mind boggling £284995.....

Bottom line - it is worth as much as someone is prepared to pay for it, so while I would certainly never pay that kind of money for one either (even if I had unlimited wealth), if nobody out there would pay that kind of money they they wouldn't be asking it.

It is of course insane that they are worth so much, but it appears that to the market : they are... nooo


My definition of rare, is a substantially different bodyshell, or/and a substantially different engine... Tbh, I'm not sure a slight rebore counts, but hey what do I know..

A 959 is rare, as is a CGT...

A stick on ducktail, wheels, roof panel and a badge.... Nah.. Razz




A CGT isn't that rare, there are more of those than there are 997 GT2s, but I guess using this logic the 997 GT2 is bundled in with all the other 997s as it's just a bolt on wing, an engine map, some turbos and some GT3 suspension. Smile



I think this is a rare car, I'd buy one at this price if money was no object as I think they're stunning, I'd rather drive this than something Italian for similar money.
_________________
997 GT2

Gone: Cayman R, Boxster Spyder, Cayman S Sport, Cayman S, R8, 996 GT2, 9974S, V8 Vantage, 996C4, 996C2, Boxster 2.7
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum