Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 8
997 : 2004- 67
996 : 1997-2005 43
993 : 1993-1998 10
964 : 1989-1993 5
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 1
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 10
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 3
912-914-924-928-944-968 4
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
seeforez
Barcelona


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1476
Location: up norf


PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJD wrote:
Lol

I owned 3 Sapphire Cosworths, the 2wd car was one of the most entertaining cars I've ever owned. Back in 89 it was a performance bargain.


yes, driven a few when i was younger and one day i will buy a 'sapphy blower' as they were known when I was younger - still some bargains on ebay now but need a bit of time, money and tlc before i add to the many cars that i want as a project....
_________________
997.1
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bikeracer1098
Österreich


Joined: 28 Mar 2015
Posts: 898
Location: Camberley, Surrey


PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeforez wrote:
KJD wrote:
Lol

I owned 3 Sapphire Cosworths, the 2wd car was one of the most entertaining cars I've ever owned. Back in 89 it was a performance bargain.


yes, driven a few when i was younger and one day i will buy a 'sapphy blower' as they were known when I was younger - still some bargains on ebay now but need a bit of time, money and tlc before i add to the many cars that i want as a project....


Has one back in the 90s before buying a Toyota Supra Twin Turbo in 1996 and has it modified to 500bhp which made it one of the fastest things on the road 20years ago.

Recently drove a 2WD Saphire Cosworth and couldn't believe how cars have progressed. A 335d BMW would leave it for dead and probably so would a 320d both with regards to performance and road holding.

Who would have thought 10 years ago that an oil burner would leave a fast Ford. Probably the fastest fast Ford this side of the GT40.
_________________
997.2 turbo
Aprilia RSV4 RF
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
seeforez
Barcelona


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1476
Location: up norf


PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bikeracer1098"][quote="seeforez"]
KJD wrote:

Recently drove a 2WD Saphire Cosworth and couldn't believe how cars have progressed. A 335d BMW would leave it for dead and probably so would a 320d both with regards to performance and road holding..


yes part of me worries that i would hate driving it now....never meet your heroes again when they are 20 years older?
_________________
997.1
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
KJD
Suzuka


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 1108
Location: Monmouthshire


PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikeracer1098 wrote:
seeforez wrote:
KJD wrote:
Lol

I owned 3 Sapphire Cosworths, the 2wd car was one of the most entertaining cars I've ever owned. Back in 89 it was a performance bargain.


yes, driven a few when i was younger and one day i will buy a 'sapphy blower' as they were known when I was younger - still some bargains on ebay now but need a bit of time, money and tlc before i add to the many cars that i want as a project....


Has one back in the 90s before buying a Toyota Supra Twin Turbo in 1996 and has it modified to 500bhp which made it one of the fastest things on the road 20years ago.

Recently drove a 2WD Saphire Cosworth and couldn't believe how cars have progressed. A 335d BMW would leave it for dead and probably so would a 320d both with regards to performance and road holding.

Who would have thought 10 years ago that an oil burner would leave a fast Ford. Probably the fastest fast Ford this side of the GT40.


Yes progress sees many a yesteryear performance car toasted by new modern cars but at the time we were all all living the dream.

Back then 500hp was really 'up there' and not to be laughed at now👍
_________________
Arctic Silver 997 Manual Carrera 2s
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
KJD
Suzuka


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 1108
Location: Monmouthshire


PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="seeforez"][quote="Bikeracer1098"]
seeforez wrote:
KJD wrote:

Recently drove a 2WD Saphire Cosworth and couldn't believe how cars have progressed. A 335d BMW would leave it for dead and probably so would a 320d both with regards to performance and road holding..


yes part of me worries that i would hate driving it now....never meet your heroes again when they are 20 years older?


I think there is every danger that 20 years on it could be disappointing but we are sentimental creatures so nothing wrong with reviving fond memories Thumb
_________________
Arctic Silver 997 Manual Carrera 2s
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
KJD
Suzuka


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 1108
Location: Monmouthshire


PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet a fair few 911's have been used as Prom transport this week.
Mine was one of them earlier this evening.


_________________
Arctic Silver 997 Manual Carrera 2s

Last edited by KJD on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
KJD
Suzuka


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 1108
Location: Monmouthshire


PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An early start and 270 mile round trip for me today for the 911uk national day at Donnington park.
A really enjoyable day and as I got near to home 30,000 miles ticked over.










_________________
Arctic Silver 997 Manual Carrera 2s

Last edited by KJD on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:11 am; edited 8 times in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Suzuka


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1231
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My, that's low miles for a Gen 1! Great photo of the line up! Thumb
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
G2
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 336



PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car looks brand new KJD! Superb.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
KJD
Suzuka


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 1108
Location: Monmouthshire


PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both Very Happy

Really enjoying ownership and the whole Porsche experience Grin
_________________
Arctic Silver 997 Manual Carrera 2s
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
KJD
Suzuka


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 1108
Location: Monmouthshire


PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, Photobucket now wants to charge me $399 to host my images so I need to find another solution . Sad

Oh well PC
_________________
Arctic Silver 997 Manual Carrera 2s
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
KJD
Suzuka


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 1108
Location: Monmouthshire


PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normal service resumed. Grin

Almost completed updating my lost pictures no thanks to Photobucket. I've lost a few but added others .
What a right pain in the butt PC
_________________
Arctic Silver 997 Manual Carrera 2s
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
KJD
Suzuka


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 1108
Location: Monmouthshire


PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the afternoon off and headed to Porsche on the Prom.
What a great event in perfect weather and a huge turnout of all models.
Great to catch up with the guys from the south coast area and enjoyed the trip back home on quiet roads.
Not many cars left on the Prom when I left at 10pm.











_________________
Arctic Silver 997 Manual Carrera 2s
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
seeforez
Barcelona


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1476
Location: up norf


PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that 911 classic looks like its been left on the prom for a few years and the high tide has been in a few times Very Happy
_________________
997.1
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jpsh120
Montreal


Joined: 30 Aug 2015
Posts: 598
Location: Somerset


PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a series of Auto express videos on YouTube comparing older performance cars to modern diesels, some quite interesting results;

https://youtu.be/9EUaPlGlSIk
_________________
2007 997 Carrera S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Shanghai
Shanghai


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 10057
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeforez wrote:
that 911 classic looks like its been left on the prom for a few years and the high tide has been in a few times Very Happy



Floor Floor Floor are we talking about the car or KJD Kev either way your right Grin Grin Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
KJD
Suzuka


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 1108
Location: Monmouthshire


PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it's cool to run around in a rusty old car even a 911.

Phil, tide and time wait for no man and I've seen quite a few Sad
_________________
Arctic Silver 997 Manual Carrera 2s
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Shanghai
Shanghai


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 10057
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJD wrote:
Apparently it's cool to run around in a rusty old car even a 911.

Phil, tide and time wait for no man and I've seen quite a few Sad



Floor maybe Kev I should describe myself as Rat look as its cool to run round in a knacked old banged up body Floor Grin Cool
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
seeforez
Barcelona


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1476
Location: up norf


PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Phil 997"][quote="KJD"]Apparently it's cool to run around in a rusty old car even a 911.

Well he better not park it near me or i might sneak up and Dinitrol it Floor

As for phils rat look body that could do with a bit dinitrol too Floor
_________________
997.1
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Shanghai
Shanghai


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 10057
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="seeforez"][quote="Phil 997"]
KJD wrote:
Apparently it's cool to run around in a rusty old car even a 911.

Well he better not park it near me or i might sneak up and Dinitrol it Floor

As for phils rat look body that could do with a bit dinitrol too Floor


Floor do they do dinitrol as an aftershave and antiperspirant Grin
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum