Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any IPD plenum reviews?????

tomi85

Hi all!!!

I want to swap my plenum for an IPD competition one on my 987 3.2 s (2005). I'm wondering could I fit the 82mm plenum with GT3 throttle body on my car or I have to stick to the 74mm one with Cayman throttle body? Has anybody had any experience? is it worth the money?

:dont know:

tomi85 said:
Hi all!!!

I want to swap my plenum for an IPD competition one on my 987 3.2 s (2005). I'm wondering could I fit the 82mm plenum with GT3 throttle body on my car or I have to stick to the 74mm one with Cayman throttle body? Has anybody had any experience? is it worth the money?

:dont know:

I have fitted the IPD 82mm TB and plenum to my 997.1 it did make a difference along with the sports filter and silicon tube. you will need to get the car remapped or if its already mapped as mine was, then just a modification to the new map to make sure its not running rich or lean.
IMO it added about the same as doing the back boxes on the exhaust but not as much as if you had done 200cell cats as well if that makes sense.
If your into modding and plan to do things to your car and this is on the list then yes its worth doing. as a single one off mod and not doing anything else then no , at minimum you need to be considering a remap as well. hope that helps. :thumb:

Hi!

Yes I'll definitely do the remap. I have asked the guys at DMS. Everything been changed manifold with 200 cell cats, exhaust, air filter. This plenum would be the last thing before the remap. I really wanna put the 82mm one on but I'm not sure it's going to fit.
What do you think?
Thanks for your comment!!! it was helpful!

I can't wait to have it fitted!!!! :thumb:

Hi!

Yes I'll definitely do the remap. I have asked the guys at DMS. Everything been changed manifold with 200 cell cats, exhaust, air filter. This plenum would be the last thing before the remap. I really wanna put the 82mm one on but I'm not sure it's going to fit.
What do you think?

tomi85 said:
Hi!

What do you think?

DMS did my remap great guys are you local to them. It would be worth asking them if the 82mm TB plenum would directly fit on yours if not and your local to Southampton, Brookspeed fitted mine and they might know, if not they might order one see if it fits and if not return it.
DMS will always do the remap and then if you add the TB etc later they will modify the remap and only charge £200 for the modification from what I recall.
But you may well be able to negotiate with the a free modification if you did the remap straight away. Sounds like your squeezing all the power you can the same as I did without getting into silly money and blowers etc.
I am just about to do 4" underdrive pulley, semi solid engine mounts and transmission mount inserts with a low temp thermostat. and that's where I plan to stop ...... well that's the plan :thumb: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back