Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front plate options

habanero

Spa-Francorchamps
With the big black plastic moulding looking decisively naff on my white GT3, i wondered what you guys have done.

I don't mind going a fair bit off the DVLA guidance for the front plate and have a 5 digit private plate on it at present.

Would appreciate any pointers :thumb:

How about this , a simple stick on. Perhaps a bit smaller than it should be, but no-one seems bothered .

Attachments

• image_338.jpeg
    image_338.jpeg
    357.2 KB · Views: 7,226
That's the job.

I note you're in Surrey too, can I ask where you got it? :thumb:

habanero said:
That's the job.

I note you're in Surrey too, can I ask where you got it? :thumb:

DMB Graphics Ltd

And one last thing, does the big black plastic thing leave holes? I presume they're covered up by your stick on plate?

:thumb:

habanero said:
And one last thing, does the big black plastic thing leave holes? I presume they're covered up by your stick on plate?

:thumb:

The plinth will have been screwed on with 2 large self tapping screws , I expect if you clean up the edges the stick on will cover them. I am lucky enough not to have any holes as the dealer was instructed not to fit the front plinth and I collected the car with no front plate fitted !

Much obliged eagle, I'll keep an eye out for you in Surrey :thumb:

Mine has a 6 digit reg, so I have a narrow plate fitted,and the plinth removed. It's perfectly legal in terms of spacing, font type and size, but is short and a bit narrower than standard. The only DVLA rules are about spacings, font type and size. Mine is screwed directly onto the bumper with the two captive screw holes already in the bumper. Passed an MOT no problem and also no issues with pulled for speeding by traffic cops at Christmas. :thumb:

Hi guys,

I bought a gt3 related 5 digit plate fron DVLA, removed the front plinth, filled and painted the excess holes (from previous dubious fitting of personal plates by previous owners) (the square holes for the grommets were left, these are covered by the new plate) and fitted a DMB stick on plate. The result is superb and greatly improves the frontal appearance.

The rear plate is a shortened conventional plate, secured with adhesive pads. Also improves the appearance.

Excellent service from Dave at DMB.

Cheers, Keith.

jkeith said:
Hi guys,

I bought a gt3 related 5 digit plate fron DVLA, removed the front plinth, filled and painted the excess holes (from previous dubious fitting of personal plates by previous owners) (the square holes for the grommets were left, these are covered by the new plate) and fitted a DMB stick on plate. The result is superb and greatly improves the frontal appearance.

The rear plate is a shortened conventional plate, secured with adhesive pads. Also improves the appearance.

Cheers, Keith.

:thumbs: http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/2424/custom-number-plates-stick-on-reflective

jkeith said:
Hi guys,

Cheers, Keith.

Am interested in this.. Photos please!?

Hi 6appeal,

Pics enclosed as requested, not as good as seeing them in the flesh but hope you get the idea.

Cheers, Keith.

Attachments

• gt3_120616_001_194.jpg
    gt3_120616_001_194.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 6,232
  • gt3_120616_004_101.jpg
    gt3_120616_004_101.jpg
    821.9 KB · Views: 6,232
  • gt3_120616_002_307.jpg
    gt3_120616_002_307.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 6,232

New Threads