Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911R at Knockhill yesterday

Hoggy

Spotted this little beauty at Knockhill yesterday. Absolutely stunning bit of kit.

986B14AF-CF6C-4231-BA96-855824A27B98_zpswtlz4dok.jpg

E1834174-57BB-4A8B-8964-1725DDB64F96_zpsni0dgllc.jpg

Got chatting to the guys from Porsche, really decent lads who were keen to chat cars which was nice. It's car number 000/991, pre production model being used for press stuff this week.

Well spotted....hard to believe from those pics it's got the same list price as the RS.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

It's even harder to believe that Porsche don't just include the 911R as a standard addition to the range. If someone wants one, make it; bank some profit. :dont know:

Doesn't seem that difficult to understand, but then again I don't speak marketing / PR / et-boring-cetera...

tim993 said:
It's even harder to believe that Porsche don't just include the 911R as a standard addition to the range. If someone wants one, make it; bank some profit. :dont know:

Doesn't seem that difficult to understand, but then again I don't speak marketing / PR / et-boring-cetera...

Exclusivity!

They'll hardly flood the market if they made a few more given their selling price.

Lovely pics BTW :)

apollokre1d said:
They'll hardly flood the market if they made a few more given their selling price.

Lovely pics BTW :)

I totally agree, and we might actually get to see some being used if they did. As it stands they will just become the latest commodity to be stored away and dealt by investors.

I'm starting to think that when deciding if a Porsche is good value for what you get, the price to look at is the cost of a nearly new car, as (short of being a VIP customer) that is the true price of getting into one.

At north of £250k for a GT3 RS, even a 991.2 turbo S looks extraordinarily good value or indeed do various Mclarens and the odd Ferrari.

If Porsche could get over themselves and make cars to order, then the only manufacturers who'd suffer would be er, the likes of McLaren and Ferrari!

QED???

That's the first amatuer pic of an R I've seen (no offence :p ) and I think it looks a bit odd with no rear spoiler.

I presume it has a pop up one a la Carrera? :?:

Couple more from a mates FB page

Attachments

• image_917.jpeg
    image_917.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 6,397
  • image_891.jpeg
    image_891.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 6,397
Looks incredible.

I'd buy one if they'd sell me one!!

tim993 said:
I'm starting to think that when deciding if a Porsche is good value for what you get, the price to look at is the cost of a nearly new car, as (short of being a VIP customer) that is the true price of getting into one.

At north of £250k for a GT3 RS, even a 991.2 turbo S looks extraordinarily good value or indeed do various Mclarens and the odd Ferrari.

If Porsche could get over themselves and make cars to order, then the only manufacturers who'd suffer would be er, the likes of McLaren and Ferrari!

QED???

Agreed, like you said spending £250 000 would have me looking at a 650s which is about £90K cheaper.

I like the green colour scheme. Not seen that before.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back