Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 991 spec

Rayo

I am about order my new car (my last one was written off 3 weeks ago) and I would really appreciate some advice on which options are considered as must have options. I am also considering the 4S rather than the 2S as I have moved to a more rural location and I am fairly certain that the roads will not be gritted in winter.

Has anyone got the adaptive cruise control? Porsche felt it may be a little dangerous as when it slows down the brake lights do not come on.

I also like the led lights as in winter I would need my brights on quite often and it would be great if I didn't have to switch them off every time a car came the opposite direction.

The new sports chrono looks good as well.

Thanks. Not that dissimilar to what I have chosen. I have also gone for the LED lights and glass sunroof. My last 911 did not have sports chrono and I really regretted that decision.

Still undecided on adaptive cruise control.

LED lights are nice but I just don't know if they are worth the money, sunroof I like but the rattle bothers me in my 911.

Im going to order a panamera this week and I decided to go for the adaptive cruise but its a lot of money.

My local dealer has confirmed I have a allocation for Sept/Oct delivery on a new S4.

I am deliberating on the front height lift feature to be include in my spec, as I have included sport suspension which drops the car a further 20mm. I have read on other forums that people who have it think it's great.

I would have thought if you are in a rural location l then this may be beneficial considering the condition of some rural roads. I am in two minds to opt this this myself.

Anyone who as a 911.2 can measure the minimum height from the road to the lowest point of the main underside of the car front.

alpinaB3 said:
My local dealer has confirmed I have a allocation for Sept/Oct delivery on a new S4.

I am deliberating on the front height lift feature to be include in my spec, as I have included sport suspension which drops the car a further 20mm. I have read on other forums that people who have it think it's great.

I would have thought if you are in a rural location l then this may be beneficial considering the condition of some rural roads. I am in two minds to opt this this myself.

Anyone who as a 911.2 can measure the minimum height from the road to the lowest point of the main underside of the car front.

You'd be popular, driving around at 20mph on rural roads :)

Front lift only operates to 21mph. OK for road humps and the like, but tbh I've never had a problem with standard height suspension.

alpinaB3 said:

No idea how reliable it is on the 991 but I have read in the past depsite it being a desirable option on the 997 it can be problematic and hugely expensive to repair. So if the car is a keeper beyond when you have warrantyu might not be wise to spec

Rayo said:
I am about order my new car (my last one was written off 3 weeks ago) and I would really appreciate some advice on which options are considered as must have options. I am also considering the 4S rather than the 2S as I have moved to a more rural location and I am fairly certain that the roads will not be gritted in winter.

Has anyone got the adaptive cruise control? Porsche felt it may be a little dangerous as when it slows down the brake lights do not come on.

I also like the led lights as in winter I would need my brights on quite often and it would be great if I didn't have to switch them off every time a car came the opposite direction.

The new sports chrono looks good as well.

Did you order??

Yes, jet black metallic, classic wheels, led lights,sports exhaust, sports chrono PDK, 4S. September build. Decided to wait so I could have the 66 Reg.

Fantastic!

Rayo said:
Yes, jet black metallic, classic wheels, led lights,sports exhaust, sports chrono PDK, 4S. September build. Decided to wait so I could have the 66 Reg.

Did you go for the front axle lift?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back