Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

interested in a 981 with espresso natural leather interior?

wilpert

Indianapolis
As I am a serial browser. i have noticed an Agate Grey Boxster S with natural leather espresso interior.
The car was a launch model so its the first of the 981 but mileage is low and it has everything except for PSE.

Dealer doesnt have pics yet because he only just took in px.

Has anybody seen or got a Porsche in this colour combo or an interior in this colour?

I may go and look at it but it's not to local.

Same combo on a 991 convertible. Not sure I like the combination.

655301d1344645782-agate-espresso-brown-top-img_0692.jpg

I'm thinking the interior would feel luxurious with the extended leather in that colour but I have doubts about resale issues?

I don't keep a car for longer than 2 years, sometimes less than that and i have done some interesting colours, like a purple audi tt (I miss it) and my silver and red 996 (sold at a bad time and the colour put people off)
My current triple black 987 Cayman S looks very stealth like but i yearn for sports seats and extended leather because I have never got used to the dimpled rubber dash, i know its me being fickle but I'm an odd ball. :oops:

here is the spec of the car which but no images yet, I do value your opinions:

Equipment
2-zone automatic air conditioning
20-inch Carrera S wheel
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Bi-Xenon lighting system with Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Cruise control
Electrically retractable exterior mirrors
Floor mats
Launch vehicle
Leather interior in natural leather
Light design package
Mesh wind deflector
ParkAssist front and rear
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module with universal audio interfacePorsche
Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) incl. mechanically locking rear differential
Porsche wheel crestSeat heatingSeat ventilation
Sport Chrono Package
SportDesign steering wheel
Sports seats, electrical (14-way) with memory package
Telephone module for PCMTop tinted windscreen
Z/EA12WVY/120815*2

Great list of options - apart from PTV which as is known mullers your brakes.

Chris.

Re: interested in a 981 with espresso natural leather interi

wilpert said:
... i have noticed an Agate Grey Boxster S with natural leather espresso interior...

It isn't a combination that I would specify, but IMHO it certainly isn't in any way offensive and wouldn't be a reason to ignore a car. This is the interior colour of the 997 SportClassic that we are talking about here, and it does have fans - it is not an "avoid" colour like Nephrite Green or (for many) Savannah beige. And there is nothing wrong with Agate (nor does the brown interior argue with it as a combination).

Thanks for sharing your opinions, I'm still keen to see this car in the flesh as I get the feeling that it will look better than what the pics say.

I reckon if it was black on black with the same options it would be priced a fair bit higher :?:

That is a great spec!

Almost a GTS - or would be with dynamic engine mounts (maybe I missed those?) and PSE.

The properly adjustable seats is a great option to have and quite rare on a 981, IMHO.

I like the leather colour a lot👍

How much are they asking?

Re the above comment on PTV. Is that really so re the brakes? Personally I think it's a bargain given you get a proper LSD as well as the clever vectoring gubbins. Again, rare on a 981.

Love it..

its 42k whadya think?

I think it would have the dynamic engine mounts as IIRC they are standard with the sports plus and chrono.
the salesman said he could add pse for around 2k, which would work for me, it would be pretty much totally loaded, with all the goodies and as I am a daily driver business use, the spec and plushness of the interior seems to make it more of a comfort drive if you know what i mean?

Apparently it was a launch car so hence the fully loaded thing. the leather is nearly a 3k option!
The only downside is that I would have to give up my triple black 987 Cayman S coz I can't have both :dont know:

Well that's 2/3 of the price of a nicely specc'd new GTS for pretty much the same thing (ok it's not, but it's close - different suspension tune and a few other things) so I reckon that's a very good buy.

It will make you grin like a lunatic.

this is inside:

Attachments

• img_3819_175.jpg
    img_3819_175.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 11,476
and this is exterior:

Attachments

• img_3817_001_120.jpg
    img_3817_001_120.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 11,474
silly question probably, but does it have the preparation for mobile phone?

i think this is basically the thing that connects your phone via blue tooth to the PCM. bizarrely it was an option on top of the PCM on 981s.

you have seat ventilation as well - unusual option in the UK and was about £5-600.

No DAB? But that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Also, what does Launch Vehicle mean in the context of options and equipment - other than hey look at me - they ticked almost every box!!

From very vague memory there was something changed during the short model life of the 981, but i can't for the life of me remember precisely what. Possibly it was the introduction of the dynamic engine mounts??

either way, looks good, superb spec. and decent price. worth a go, imho.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForeheadMacca
Back