Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hamilton and Rosberg Spanish F1 Crash

DRZ911

Who was to blame for the two team mates taking each other out on the first lap of the Spanish GP?

Hamilton or Rosberg, or was it just a racing incident. :?:

Attachments

• crash_143.jpg
    crash_143.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 17,221
Has anyone got a video clip of this? I can't find anything.....

~ Maxie :eek:

Got it

~ Maxie :frustrated:

I'd say racing incident. Rosberg did close the door but he was in position and entitled to do so. Hamilton attempted to avoid but he was going so much faster he still hit Rosberg mid-spin.

shantybeater said:
I'd say racing incident. Rosberg did close the door but he was in position and entitled to do so. Hamilton attempted to avoid but he was going so much faster he still hit Rosberg mid-spin.

I'd disagree in that, right here, Hamilton has a decent chunk of car right up alongside - it's not like a nose, it's got to be near 2/3rd's of the car

It's also a very deliberate move from Rosberg to shut the door - I just think he timed it terribly.

Lap 1. Lewis as 3 x world champion should know much better. Over the course of a race he knows he's normally a tad quicker than Rosberg all things being equal so why try to win it on lap 1?

I agree both drivers to blame maybe more so Rosberg IMO but could have so easily been avoided. Hamilton is not handling the pressure this season as well as he should based on the last 6-7 races.

Rosberg finished last season on a high and has made the most of Lewis' bad luck this season.

Hamilton should know form comes and goes but class is permanent. I still think Hamilton will reel him in but at least he hopefully realises now that Rosberg is not going to be bullied on track like has been in the past. Long way to go and this season is going to be a humdinger.

IIRC last person to drive a faster team mate off the track was Vettel on Webber. Vettel went on to win that championship too. Hmmm....

The grass is not the track. Imagine that it was a wall there, then there is no way lewis would have been alongside. Yes Nico shut the door on him but the alongside rule thing is nonsense as yes, he was a nose alongside but off the track!

Lewis's fault IMHO

Senoj said:
The grass is not the track. Imagine that it was a wall there, then there is no way lewis would have been alongside. Yes Nico shut the door on him but the alongside rule thing is nonsense as yes, he was a nose alongside but off the track!

Lewis's fault IMHO

+1

:yeah:

Senoj said:

Lewis's fault IMHO

Photo above. He's alongside and 4 wheels on the track.

I see it as Rosberg's fault. Whilst 'fault' is a strong word, he literally shoved him off track. There is always supposed to be a code of conduct between racers, I think Rosberg (and I'm a fan of the guy), broke that in a malicious way. I don't think Hamilton could have avoided a collision when he was as far alongside as he was....

If that was to take place in bike racing, fisticuffs would have ensued in short order!

pzero said:
Senoj said:

Lewis's fault IMHO

+1

:yeah:

doesn't matter and it was a racing incident but Lewis is alongside well before he has the door shut on him and moving on to the grass. Pic above shows this IMO :thumb:

arry said:
Senoj said:

Lewis's fault IMHO

front wing was only ever in front of the rear wheels, Rosberg cant just go in visible, when he made his one move to the inside

Sky Sports was funny with Brundle trying everything not to blame Lewis

Lewis's at fault :judge:

arry said:
Senoj said:

Lewis's fault IMHO

Watch the in car. That photo is from the front so not a good perspective..

If Nico was in the wrong mode how come he was so quick in turn one?

911UK said:
arry said:
Senoj said:

Lewis's fault IMHO

front wing was only ever in front of the rear wheels, Rosberg cant just go in visible, when he made his one move to the inside

Sky Sports was funny with Brundle trying everything not to blame Lewis

Lewis's at fault :judge:

I disagree; in the photo above the wheels were already in overlap, so when Rosberg ushered him off the track the person who couldn't become 'invisible', was Hamilton. If he had got off the throttle, they would have collided. If he steered left instead of right, they would have collided.

Rosberg misjudged the speed at which Lewis was passing him. He, Rosberg, caused an avoidable collision in my book. :judge:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back