Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What to do take the money or fight

mzmini

My daughter Boxster had a drive shaft come undone and caused £2242 worth of damage I am taking the garage to court today we received an offer £1472 that's 65% of the cost ,what would others on here do ?
Why offer to pay if your not at fault :dont know:

well yeah, if you are not at fault, why are you only getting 65%, I backed into my plumbers van last year, he blocked me in and made it hard to reverse but I held my hands up, no excuses or self pity, I had to cough up £400 to him aswell as his bill. Some times you have to be a man and not a ***** mouse. :thumb:

Why wouldn't you expect to be fully reimbursed for the total cost, I assume they are denying it if you are saying what you are?

I wouldn't take a first offer from anyone, Insurance company or other, it's standard practice hoping you take it to save yourself more hassle, I'd probably walk away with the cash at 90%.

If they accept 100% liability, then they should pay the whole lot plus costs.

Have you needed to take taxis? Get a hire car etc etc?

I feel if they did not think they were to blame they wouldn't have offered you any money. Did their offer come with any conditions?

Usual solicitor letter - not accepting liability, without prejudice offer etc. plus the only conditions were around not instigating proceedings and withdrawing any that were already in process.

This is the previous thread that gives the history:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=111116

If you are all set to go to court then go. They wont want all the associated costs for the sake of £700 odd, i bet you get a better offer. Either that or just tell them what you will settle for?

Yep Senjo I told my daughter to accept 2k or we will give it a spin in court :grin:

How on earth did they come up with the figure £1472 is what i would like to know lol .. was there any pence on the end of it !

They are trying to save costs i would have thought and would prefer not to have an expensive day in court .. my feeling although i am in no way experienced in these matters is something very close to the original demand .. £2k or plus sounds good and i think you will get it.

Personally they should be reimbursing you the full amount - since you haven't named and shamed ( since I wouldn't want to comment directly )the job was completely sub standard and remember that as well as the driveshaft bolts, they cross threaded 3 of the housing bolts as well which then snapped on removal and had to be helicoiled and one bolt was loose.

As you said yourself, the clutch never felt right from day one.

That said, I would consider taking close to the full amount ( at least
£2k ) as it would avoid the hassle etc. Whilst you are in a strong position, they also had the right to fix the work themselves, although logistics meant that was not likely.

Ken

Hi Ken thanks for your point of comments much appreciated but when we got you to recover car the unnamed and shamed garage said that it was not their responsibility so did not have much of an option but get yourself to repair it ,
I would publicly like to say thanks for your patience and understanding with my darling daughter who is capable of testing the patience of a saint
Cheers
MZ :thumb: :thumb:

Whilst I am pleased to read that the dodgy garage have at least made you a partial offer, which I would have thought by implication, they have at least acknowledged liability, and would be useful in court, despite solicitors try on letters, I would be a bit concerned that the court may take a view that your action should be against the vendor of the vehicle, and he should be bringing the action against the garage? But for sure I am no expert. Good luck anyway, and push for the full amount.

Thanks Sam but the offer an act of kindness and to cause no more inconvenience for both parties but is not an admission of liability on the part of the garage according to the garages legal team :floor:

Finally a resolution to this saga today. After a lot of shilly shallying, my daughter had a call from the insurers of the "garage that has not been named" to say they are going to pay all her costs in full....!!!

RESULT!! Just shows what persistence will achieve and appreciate the support from fellow forumites :thumb:

:D :judge: :yahoo:

mzmini said:
Finally a resolution to this saga today. After a lot of shilly shallying, my daughter had a call from the insurers of the "garage that has not been named" to say they are going to pay all her costs in full....!!!

RESULT!! Just shows what persistence will achieve and appreciate the support from fellow forumites :thumb:

:D :judge: :yahoo:

Just what you deserve Chris , great result. :thumb: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back