Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The 993 tour. Reviews, Stories and Pictures from May 2016.

Riviera Bob

Thoroughly enjoyable (half) trip....thanks for organising Ian - now get cracking on working out the next one! Safe onward journey all.....a bientot, Bob

Good to meet you Bob :thumb:

Yes it was good to me you Bob although it was very brief but I hope we get to meet up again when I am down your neck of the woods.

Well I am at the Tryp got here at 2.00pm, I didn't do the Mercedes Meuseum but pushed at 10.30am, 270 miles. I am first here and enjoying a Weiss beer before I have a nap. Hope you are all travelling safely :)

Adios Bob. Great to put a face to the name :thumb:

With the morning constitutional completed its time to leave. Had a great time and lovely bunch of people. Spoke to a nice chap who I thought was Charles, but was apparently Joel over dinner. You drive a 993 Turbo- witty chap, didn't see you after that, Riviera Bob a proper gentleman as well.

Anyhoo, safe driving back to you all.

PS. Both Dom Morton and GT4 are real people!

Amazing trip with great people and awesome cars.

The Silver Arrows made the 13:06 train back :thumb:

Thanks for a great time all. One to remember for many years to come.

Picture courtesy of a chap that met us at the tunnel.

Attachments

• image_501.jpeg
    image_501.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 547
That photo is just stunning!!! :worship:

great picture, you will not see another photo like it for a while.
Now been as i had to cancel at the 11th hour where are all the other pics please?? :)

Finally home. 6 days, 5 countries and 1,357 miles. What an awesome euro tour that was 8)

Back home already. Caught the 14.06.
What can I say? It was epic. Stuart and Dom-what a great idea. Longers and the gang- brilliant. Ian I will send you your satnav.
Christian, you are a top bloke for the help you gave and I really hope you get your new venture off the ground.
Phil did you manage to hit the limiter in sixth? I only managed a top speed of 136mph on the satnav- at least I hope it was mph and that the satnav did not automatically convert to kph on that side of the channel crossing. Steve, Riviera Bob, Brian and Bob, I have not laughed so much in a long long time. Trevor glad we went to Classic Remise. I would have been kicking myself if we hadn't. But to be honest everyone was great company. Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

Ps Ian, I spoke the wife and she likes the idea of the French wine route. It will have to be in school holidays though.
Will try and sort some photos. :thumbs:

Epic - thanks all for making that such a brilliant trip. Special thanks to Longers and the crew, and all involved!

I'll post up a Rogues Gallery of the car/owner shots I took, plus anything else that seems relevant.

Amazing trip and great to meet you all! i will share my best photos at some point this week when I figure out how to post them - I have about 500!

Hi all had a great time thanks to Ian and the lads for all there help ,thanks to Stuart and Dom for thinking of it in thr first place ,thanks for your help Christian for your help and advise , I have forgotten which part you said to try of you can remind me , and thanks to all for your company ,until the next one Andy

Well I am still in Germany for the next two nights, have picked up a very nasty cold maybe thanks to Highway, hope no else gets it, I have felt shoite all day but did drag myself to Classic Remise, what an amazing experince. Thanks guys for an epic trip :)

Dosa said:
Hi all had a great time thanks to Ian and the lads for all there help ,thanks to Stuart and Dom for thinking of it in thr first place ,thanks for your help Christian for your help and advise , I have forgotten which part you said to try of you can remind me , and thanks to all for your company ,until the next one Andy

Excellent mannschaft work gents :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back