Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help with sourcing parts for my planned paint

S10lemon

Hi all

I've started to preparation for a repaint of my C4

I have chosen my body shop and had a couple of chats with them, and I'm feeling very happy with that side of it

As is traditional I've started a list of other things I'm going to do or get done while the glass is out.

I have to be a little careful around the budget so I've been researching parts , fixes and so on and it's going pretty well but I am hoping someone here can help me on a few bits that I'm not sure about.

The first is the speakers in the rear shelf , the current massive ugly horror stories are going to be replaced by standard grills, and appropriate speakers, is there a looks standard and sounds decent solution that someone has already done?

Second Are the rear lens and reflector, mine are crazed and faded , a new set is looking expensive, I've seen posts on putting film over current lenses , any thoughts guys.

Thanks in advance

Steve

The first is the speakers in the rear shelf , the current massive ugly horror stories are going to be replaced by standard grills, and appropriate speakers, is there a looks standard and sounds decent solution that someone has already done?

Finally got round to taking out my rear speakers (not much left after 25+ years). Hunted around for suitable replacements - a few articles on here and over on rennlist about various options - in the end, after speaking to the folks over at Ray Smith (www.caraudiostuff.co.uk), I've gone with some basic 6x4's:

http://www.retrocarstuff.com/shop/s...ne-classic-car-speakers-neodymium-r-463n.html

Should be arriving soon... Didn't think there was much point in splashing out too much dosh.

The only question mark is the covers. Not going to be able to use the existing covers on these speakers, but the supplied ones may not be too offensive.

But from what you've said above, it sounds like someone had replaced the originals with something much bigger? Are the holes standard or has someone taken a hacksaw to the shelf?

The guys at Ray Smith have been very helpful (patient with me endless questions!). Might be worth dropping them an e-mail.

Good luck,

Mark

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back