Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back in business.

Kimbo

I've spent most of my time on the 993 forum, having had 4 993's now. However, I never really got on with way they kept emptying my wallet, so after ten years, my son's school's Accountant has decided my air-cooled days are over.

I had a 3 month spell with a tiptronic Boxster S, which was a fantastic car, but I missed changing gear, especially when the top was off and the sun was out.

So my latest squeeze is this little Cayman which I picked up this week. At 59 years old I still missed 2 night's sleep through excitement.

I specifically wanted a 2.7 manual with 17" wheels and PASM. Man it's a great car. Smooth as a Jag and as light and nippy as a Subaru.

Well happy, but need a louder exhaust.

My thanks to Ashgood Cars who were lovely to deal with.

:thumbs: guards cayman 8)

Come on Kimbo lets have some more photos and why a 2.7 over the 3.2. I only ask as I've just finished work (for a while anyway) and fancy chopping in the 530d and buying a boxter or Cayman for an EU tour with the Mrs ie have a more modern car to keep her in doors happy & keep the 993 at home :thumb:

Demort said:
looks great young man .
Give me a nudge if any questions or problems :)

Cheers. This place needs (and appreciates) people like you :thumb:

I picked the 2.7 Ridders because most of my driving is buzzing around the B-roads, and I found the 3.2 Boxster almost had too much power. I like to get the revs up to hear the exhaust but I don't want to be doing 80mph all the time.

I have the 6-speed gearbox which is very sweet and combined with the 2.7 engine you can get it howling without doing crazy speeds. If I were thinking about Euro tours, I might have gone for the S, although this on the motorway doesn't feel underpowered at all.

Also the S worried me with RMS and bore scoring stuff though. I know you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

Thanks mate.

Also Ridders, PASM is the way to go. My friend Demort on here recommended it me. One day I might turn it off if the road's smooth enough.

I hope I don't spill my wine.

Nice one Kimbo congrats. I would have sought out a non-PASM though for the authentic "on your own" feel..? Good choice though regardless especially with the 17's 8)

17" wheels, PASM and 50-profile rubber. No more visits to the dentist.

Kimbo said:
17" wheels, PASM and 50-profile rubber. No more visits to the dentist.

I'll be quietly watching your progress ... Opposite of my GT3 in many respects but not a million miles away in spirit :thumb:

Nice looking car, first red cayman I've seen.
Peacock inn looks like a nice pub too.

good work Kimbo! Lovely looking motor.

I too like the fact you've gone for the 2.7 on 17's - plenty of ride comfort and big sidewalls to aid the feel of when things are getting edgy.

How does it compare in the power stakes to the old 993?

A friend of mine was asking me the other day about 'which porsche to buy' and I specifically discussed how I think the 987c is the purest type of Porsche available at the moment. They remind me so much of the original 911's. Light, nimble and good looking.

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back