Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo S Ordered & First Post!!

W8PMC

Have been lurking for a few months to help my decision process. After much head scratching & soul searching with a shortlist of just 3 cars, i finally made my decision over the weekend & today placed my order for the following:

Porsche 991 Gen 2 Turbo S
Sapphire Blue with Black interior (may change this to Agate Grey)
Is currently an 11mth lead time so delivery expected March 1st 17.

Options are as follows but went at it with tight fists.

LED main headlights in black including PDSL+
Privacy Glass rear & rear side windows
Speed Limit Display
HomeLink
Heated Multifunction steering wheel
Adaptive Sports Seats Plus (18-way electric)
Seat Heating
Smoking Package (gives you a cover over a small storage cubby hole & an extra 12v outlet)
Floor Mats
Passenger footwell storage net

That's it. Was tempted by other options but the standard car is extremely well spec'd.

I'll no doubt have a vast quantity of questions as i get close to the date my spec needs locking down & even more when the car arrives, so thanks in advance for any further advice.

To say i'm excited would be an understatement, but it's going to be a long 11 months me thinks.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sounds like a very nice car. 11 months! I could not be asked to wait that long, would have changed my mind ten times by the time it shows up 😀

Tough car to enjoy in the UK though, a bit too quick for real life :floor:

:welcome: to 911uk

:worship: re the car

What's your car owning history? Many P cars for it to live up to.:?:

Well done mate, I've been following your journey on PH, like yourself I've driven the cars you've had on your shortlist, and for the requirements you've stated, you made the right choice imo...

Oh and welcome! :thumb:

Senoj said:
Hi and welcome to the forum. Sounds like a very nice car. 11 months! I could not be asked to wait that long, would have changed my mind ten times by the time it shows up 😀

Tough car to enjoy in the UK though, a bit too quick for real life :floor:

Thanks. Will be a tough wait but that's the lead time so not much i can do about it. As above though my current car goes back around March/April 17 so the incoming car will dovetail almost perfectly.

T8 said:
:welcome: to 911uk

:worship: re the car

What's your car owning history? Many P cars for it to live up to.:?:

Thanks. I've never owned any Porsche so this will be a new chapter for me. The 911 Turbo was my poster car as a child so i've lusted after one for more years than i care to mention.

To date the more interesting cars my garage has included are, C5 RS6 (Sportec tuned), E60 M5 (DMS Tuned), B7 RS4 (DMS Tuned), R35 GT-R (SVM Tuned) & my current car is an F10 M5 (DMS Tuned). Had a couple of A/S8's too over the years.

Simply had to scratch the 911 Turbo itch & next year became the only time i could safely do it for both financial & family reasons. Will likely keep the car for 3yrs or so & then sell to get something considerably more sensible & start ploughing some overdue money into my pension pot.

Shortlist was the Turbo S, new R8 V10+ & the McL 570S. The McL was pushed aside due to it not stacking up as a daily driver so came down to the R8 & 991TS. Was a tough choice but the Turbo S after much thought became the obvious choice as the best all rounder. The R8 did offer up a little more drama as the noise from that NA V10 behind your ears was intoxicating, but for those times when i purely want a more civilised drive to the office or pop to the supermarket, i felt i'd be wanting to ring the V10's neck & that would probably grate on me after a while.

Impressive car history :thumb: Do you think you'll mod the turbo also?

Hi, from that short list and as a daily driver and all rounder, think you have made the right choice.

Awesome :thumb: :worship:

Great car and it sounds like DMS in Southampton are your remapper of choice , they are mine also, they have done my Merc SL and my 997 great job both times, and the Porsche 911 turbo's they can make seriously quick. :thumb: :grin: its going to be a long 11 months still just in time for Summer 2017. Are you going to try and get along to Simply Porsche at Beaulieu and catch up with some of us .

Awesome car you have ordered OP👍
Personally I'd go for the agate grey you mention- looks 100% class.....

W8PMC said:
Have been lurking for a few months to help my decision process. After much head scratching & soul searching with a shortlist of just 3 cars, i finally made my decision over the weekend & today placed my order for the following:

Porsche 991 Gen 2 Turbo S
Sapphire Blue with Black interior (may change this to Agate Grey)
Is currently an 11mth lead time so delivery expected March 1st 17.

Options are as follows but went at it with tight fists.

LED main headlights in black including PDSL+
Privacy Glass rear & rear side windows
Speed Limit Display
HomeLink
Heated Multifunction steering wheel
Adaptive Sports Seats Plus (18-way electric)
Seat Heating
Smoking Package (gives you a cover over a small storage cubby hole & an extra 12v outlet)
Floor Mats
Passenger footwell storage net

That's it. Was tempted by other options but the standard car is extremely well spec'd.

I'll no doubt have a vast quantity of questions as i get close to the date my spec needs locking down & even more when the car arrives, so thanks in advance for any further advice.

To say i'm excited would be an understatement, but it's going to be a long 11 months me thinks.

Lovely, life ain't a rehearsal. And it kind of trumps the Macan S I've just ordered btw.... :thumbs:

Hi.

I had to wait 18 months for my Cobalt blue C4S back in 2003. But it did pass very quickly, now it seems a distant memory.
I have a 991.1 Turbo. You will love your new car.
Personally I would stick with the sapphire blue, my car is basalt black, every time I wash it, I wish I had got a brighter colour.

+1 for sticking with Sapphire Blue.

As much as I really like dark grey 911s owning something a bit 'different' is a great experience.

I have to concede the 991 does look good in sapphire blue

They also do the 991 TurboS in Miami blue which would look the nuts👍

Congrats. I have an M135 in Estoril Blue and when it's clean it is 100% stunning. The way the sun hits it, the light and shadow, the bright spots, it's an amazing colour. In the pic above the cobalt looks very similar.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back