Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant puddle at rear.

scoot

Monza
Yesterday I had a small puddle of coolant under the rear passenger side of car. It had dripped onto the exhaust and then the floor. Called PA and the guy checked it all out and could not find any leaks just evidence of coolant dripping from the drain around the cap. He pressure tested the system and all was OK. The cap seemed to be secure when I checked so wondered if anyone else had any similar experiences? Could the seal on the cap be failing?

Possibly. I remember on my 997 there was a recall for the coolant cap. :thumb:

michelin said:
Possibly. I remember on my 997 there was a recall for the coolant cap. :thumb:

Thanks Michelin

Update

Car has continued to leak coolant on a regular basis post any use, so it's off to the OPC for diagnostics at the end of the week. I will post an update on what the OPC finds.

Glad you've booked it in. We don't want that engine being fried.
:thumb:
Keep us updated.

All fixed now. Turned out to be a leak from coolant expansion tank which has been replaced under warranty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back