Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports and Classics ....what can I say!

mun802

Silverstone
Not one to wax lyrical or otherwise on any forum as you'll notice by my lack of posts, but just had my Cayenne and Cayman serviced by Sports and Classics near Cheadle.

The service, attention to detail and courtesy was second to none. Mike, Patrick and the team are a great bunch of guys and know how to treat a customer.

Just for the record I have no affiliation whatsoever to these guys but credit where credit is due! :thumb:

Is that oop North ...... ?

bit far for me to travel ....... ;)

but for those of you down Southish or just a bit north of Watford I highly recommend Jaz at St Albans ....... :)

also no affiliation ...... :)

madalaa said:
Is that oop North ...... ?

bit far for me to travel ....... ;)

but for those of you down Southish or just a bit north of Watford I highly recommend Jaz at St Albans ....... :)

also no affiliation ...... :)

Yes it's near Stockport. Used to be in Knutsford but he moved about 18 months ago to larger premises.

Mike is a top bloke, very highly regarded. He has a fantastic 996 GT3CS which you can see him blasting around Oulton park in on the RS days.

L1030625_zpsesku3nkv.jpg

Hi,

@Madalaa Some years ago Jaz reversed my 911 widebody out of their garage smashing the rear quarter. No apologies, just said that they will have it fixed. I then had to deal with the out sourced bodyshop direct, not as pleasure at all, especially when the bodyshop tried to get me to pay more on top. No recommendation from me I'm afraid.

Regards

Vinny

Menace said:
Hi,

@Madalaa Some years ago Jaz reversed my 911 widebody out of their garage smashing the rear quarter. No apologies, just said that they will have it fixed. I then had to deal with the out sourced bodyshop direct, not as pleasure at all, especially when the bodyshop tried to get me to pay more on top. No recommendation from me I'm afraid.

Regards

Vinny

I don't understand this comment at all?

....... nor me either .......

Mike at Sport and Classic has an excellent reputation and well deserved ....... my first post was just a bit of fun ...... and to menace ...... ***** happens ....... :)

Menace said:
Hi,

Regards

Vinny

Jaz?

I used S&C many times during the ownership of my first two Boxsters and my 911 Cab. Always great service and very honest.

The only issue I had was waiting to get my car in. He's so busy that sometimes it would take a month to get my car in. This is the reason he moved to larger premises.

madalaa said:

Menace was replying to this comment by Madalaa

Strong recommendation for Mike, Patrick and team at Sports & Classic from me. Mike carried out my PPI 4 years ago and did all the work identified.
I also have used Mike since then for additional work needed to keep my car tip-top. He knows his stuff and I'm always happy to seek his opinion and follow his advice.

Hi Guys,

As the mod said, I was replying to the post regarding Jaz. Sh@+t does happen but it is the way that is is dealt with that counts. And Jaz did not deal with the situation very well, hence no recommendation from me.
There are plenty of indy's that do a great job out there though.

Regards

Vinny

cheshire911 said:
Strong recommendation for Mike, Patrick and team at Sports & Classic from me. Mike carried out my PPI 4 years ago and did all the work identified.
I also have used Mike since then for additional work needed to keep my car tip-top. He knows his stuff and I'm always happy to seek his opinion and follow his advice.

+1 to that

have used them and job done right 1st time

Menace said:
Hi Guys,

As the mod said, I was replying to the post regarding Jaz. Sh@+t does happen but it is the way that is is dealt with that counts. And Jaz did not deal with the situation very well, hence no recommendation from me.
There are plenty of indy's that do a great job out there though.

Regards

Vinny

......... and apart from your unfortunate negative experience which is shame ....... Jaz is also one of them ........ especially for the older air cooled cars ........ of course that is purely my own opinion ........ :)

Rossi911 said:
cheshire911 said:

+1 to that

have used them and job done right 1st time
+Another.

Another thumbs up from me - I bought a 996 turbo from Mike in October 2019. I had a warranty item when the dreaded spoiler rams failed (an expensive repair) and it was handled perfectly. I hoped for the best and my expectations were exceeded!

I'll be back for all my future servicing as well - wonderful knowledge and Mike and Hazel are lovely people to deal with as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back