Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How do I restore/code modules back via PIWIS2. HELP !!!

calibra1010

How do I restore/code modules back via PIWIS2. HELP

Hi I ordered a PIWIS 2 kit a couple of weeks ago. I finally got round today to connecting it to car and having a play around for the first time and familiarising myself with the menus and functions. Ran through all the headings 1. Fault Memory 2. Actual Values input signals 3. Drive Links checks 4. Coding Adaptations 5. Maintenance repairs and 6. Programming.
And then I made a mistake, I was about to finish and out of curiosity I on the programming menu I selected Auto programming and ran it. It starting running but then the installation aborted. The cars modules seemed to have decoded itself. The electric rear spoiler retracted and what I can assume is the cooling fans are constantly on when the car ignition or engine is switched on.
I've rerun the scan but cannot see any modules on the car and I seem to have accidently wiped the modules. I have spent the remainder of today going through every single menu/option on the PIWIS to try and recode but have had not success in recoding/programming the modules back (I don't even have a working instrument cluster although the car engine starts and drives)
Does anyone have any advice on how I rectify this?
I am based in Leicester and would be willing to pay for someone to recode the modules. Help
I have a 2009 997.2

evening fella,

the PIWIS2 unit is a powerful thing isn't it ! I bricked an amp last month playing with the manual/auto program feature ( just for the heck of it )

so.. do you recall which module you were in when you selected auto programming ?

most of the problems/cockups I create for myself are to do with the gateway module so it could be this that needs sorting out.

Select GATEWAY - then go to MAINTENANCE/REPAIRS

then under that select "Gateway Installed Components list"

that should show what the car can see vs whats actually enabled. ( two columns shown with "+" or "-" against them to show the difference.

it could be that you've decoded/disabled a few things and the car needs to be told to accept them again.

I think there is an option to accept what's seen/connected to the car vs what is currently programmed to run/enabled - so accepting the fresh list may enable whatever you disabled.

otherwise.. there is the "handover" option, that has flushed through a few things for me in the past, that's found as one of the additional options on the bottom row of buttons.. this should basically prepare the car back for handing over to the customer to drive away and may wake up whats been sent to sleep.

good luck

I had a chat with him on the phone as it was easier , its a gen 2 and looks like its wiped All the codeing .. cars still starts although thats about all that is working :(

So hes going to get it into a garage.

that's pretty good going to wipe all coding from the car, he must have blanked the DME or Gateway unit then as these tend to be linked to/control most other units that have features someone would want to fiddle with.

I wonder if he did something similar to what I did with my gen2 amp, I wasn't concentrating and only half read "no program in memory, proceed with minimal programming" - as soon as I did this the amp was blanked :(

It was Auto codeing that failed to finish , my best guess atm is it wiped the codeing for all units .. it will need to be manually inputed again .. which is a pain.

Theres not many control units that can still be seen by the tester atm , gateway can be seen but no manual codeing options :(

Different Testers have different options , i know Pwis and Auto logic but no others so not the easiest thing to fix but the car still drives so into a garage and it can be fixed :)

Theres also a double post on this , ive been answering in the other.

Btw have you got a link for this tester ? its not a Porsche Piwis2 i assume but id like to have a look at its spec,s

Hi it is this unit.

http://www.uobd2.net/wholesale/porsche-piwis-tester-ii.html

Demort said:
It was Auto codeing that failed to finish , my best guess atm is it wiped the codeing for all units .. it will need to be manually inputed again .. which is a pain.

Theres not many control units that can still be seen by the tester atm , gateway can be seen but no manual codeing options :(

Different Testers have different options , i know Pwis and Auto logic but no others so not the easiest thing to fix but the car still drives so into a garage and it can be fixed :)

Theres also a double post on this , ive been answering in the other.

Btw have you got a link for this tester ? its not a Porsche Piwis2 i assume but id like to have a look at its spec,s

OMG !!!!!

I had NO idear that was available .. thats the Porsche system from what i can see .. you can do just about anything with that .. im guessing that the updated maps / software is not installed though as it changes all the time through constant updates from Porsche .. that might be what caused the problem.

I am literaly sitting here with my mouth open .. thats approx £10k for a Porsche dealer to buy, and thats just 1 tester.

Do the wireing diagrams work ?????

Edit .. stuff me it can be updated , i just read the specs

I have the user manual for the software I can email over to you. ive just sent you PM. I cant attach here as its 20mb in size.

Demort said:
OMG !!!!!

I had NO idear that was available .. thats the Porsche system from what i can see .. you can do just about anything with that .. im guessing that the updated maps / software is not installed though as it changes all the time through constant updates from Porsche .. that might be what caused the problem.

I am literaly sitting here with my mouth open .. thats approx £10k for a Porsche dealer to buy, and thats just 1 tester.

I have the user manual for the software I can email over to you. ive just sent you PM. I cant attach here as its 20mb in size.

Demort said:
OMG !!!!!

yes the wiring diagrams work on it.

Demort said:
OMG !!!!!

Guys and im going to nag here .. i have no idear if the software is 100 % on this but if it is you can seriously break your car with this , i had no idear this was available but thats also why i joined here .. to learn ..

Please dont touch ANYTHING that says codeing or programing .. if you know what you are doing then fine .. BUT ive used this for a few years and i still struggle with some of the values and things that go wrong with codeing / programing.

FYI ive been working on Porsches for 12 years.

Demort said:
Guys and im going to nag here .. i have no idear if the software is 100 % on this but if it is you can seriously break your car with this , i had no idear this was available but thats also why i joined here .. to learn ..

Please dont touch ANYTHING that says codeing or programing .. if you know what you are doing then fine .. BUT ive used this for a few years and i still struggle with some of the values and things that go wrong with codeing / programing.

This is good advice mate!.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Demort said:

This is good advice mate!.

Not only that, look at where it comes from.
It might look the part, but it looks as if it's still a Chinese copy at the end of it all.

I certainly wouldn't trust it.

Stay safe & get a genuine Durametric. At least with it, you can save the original coding before making any changes & revert back if it does fail.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back