Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT2RS Spotted!

isysman

saying that it could be as fast round the ring as the 918.

However they are saying this is the new GT2RS but I'd have thought they would release a GT2 first?

Porsche-GT3-RS-facelift-16.jpg

1800x1200xPorsche-GT3-RS-facelift-18.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qeQDdOb_XT.jpg

Hope it looks a bit more different to the RS than that when its launched ...

(Oh yeh, I'm looking forward to you making one out of a 991 Turbo in due course 8) )

I think that's just to hide it from cameras. I think it will have more differences. Having said that the GT3RS and GT2RS are not massive.

As for me doing a 991 RS no way, never again!

What is the current guesstimate on power and torque ??

Power = 680 PS
Torque = 770 Nm (825Nm on overboost)

Close, or way out :?:

DRZ911 said:
What is the current guesstimate on power and torque ??

Power = 680 PS
Torque = 770 Nm (825Nm on overboost)

Close, or way out :?:

It's going to be high, if the Turbo S has 560hp then I'd say around 100hp more. Maybe they'll turbocharge the 4.0L engine from the GT3RS?

I'm wondering if they are going to release a GT2 first?

That is the same car in my photos and the article you posted. So there seems to be some confusion over what car this is. We had the same issue with the GT3RS as it had those air vents from the turbo.

That exhaust set up, super big air intake on the rear lid and exit vents in the sides have of the rear PU have some sort of "turbo" written all over it for me.

Senoj said:
That exhaust set up, super big air intake on the rear lid and exit vents in the sides have of the rear PU have some sort of "turbo" written all over it for me.

Looking under the right rear seems to suggest a turbo oil sump and piping too....

....cant see Porsche doing nearly 700BHP to the rears only(way too much for a road car)

More like 25-40BHP more than the turbo s and 40-60 kilo's lighter using some fancy build materials.

......and hopefully a manual box.

The boggo 488 isn't far off 700, so a Speciale even more. I reckon 700 therefore feasible for a GT2RS :?:

As for manual... hard to tell which way Porsche will play this given the U-Turn on PDK-only GT3's... :grin:

I am still expecting the next GT2 to essentially be a Turbo S with ~60hp extra and the bodywork and interior from the GT3RS personally. It will be a surprise if it isn't a 4WD, 4 wheel steer PDK only car at a fairly sensible price but with limited numbers to ensure that everyone will want one but only the anointed few will get a chance to buy.

The reason for it to almost certainly be a 4x4 has little to do with whether the chassis can handle it but rather because without it the car will be slower than a Turbo at the traffic light grand prix (regardless of power - launch control needs 4 driven wheels to get those 0-60 numbers that the city wine bars will need).

I don't think it'll be 4WD, it would destroy the widow maker reputation - the GT2RS is supposed to be the only truly scary 911 in the range and giving it granny saving 4WD would erode that. We'll see ... :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back