Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My brain hurts... 991 GT3

habanero

Should I, shouldn't I, should I, shouldn't I.... :?

Been dreaming of one since launch and am now in a position where it's a possibility.

Prices have clearly gone nuts in recent years meaning I'm only looking at early versions up to about £130k.

Cardiff Porsche seem to have the cheapest one on offer by some margin - http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-gt3-991/porsche-911-gt3-pdk/5179025?v=b.

My real question is why is this one so cheap? Is it just the mileage and lowish spec? Or does the fact that it was an early botched engine job drop it too?

And then there's the threat of free fall pricing as per the post on the Gen 2 manual....

:thumbs: :dont know:

Buy a 991.2 GT3 which should be released anytime.

I'd say mileage. The spec isn't that low but I think people are generally wanting club sport package which this doesn't have. Also it doesn't have a front axle lift which is another thing people look for.

If you want one, contact them get the info, do your homework with history etc and go and view but do it quickly.

FZP said:
Buy a 991.2 GT3 which should be released anytime.

That's certainly not a bad shout but I thought you had to be on your knees with the salesman to get a look in these days :eek: :D

isysman said:
According to Porsche website the price is £117k now. It comes with a 2 year warranty. What's to worry about?

So it is. It was still £120k in the video they sent me Tuesday!!!

They have a white one as well, better spec. The spec on the red does seem a little 'light' but does it have everything you want?

It doesn't have satnav and I don't think it will have Bluetooth either.

isysman said:
They have a white one as well, better spec. The spec on the red does seem a little 'light' but does it have everything you want?

It doesn't have satnav and I don't think it will have Bluetooth either.

Ah. And this is why I like this forum. Clearly need to do my research. :worship:

It has mobile phone prep so at least you can sync your phone.

Those seats are excellent. If you are looking for the club sport they have the white one. Better spec. And the bucket seats are amazing, but not sure what they'd be like on a long trip.

I want the car to be usable everyday and on long trips so the Club Sport is probably not for me albeit I love those seats.

I also notice that it doesn't have the Sports Chrono package. Can't believe a £100k+ car doesn't have satnav and phone prep as standard even with it's track biased image.

Any thoughts on whether the fact that it is an early engine-rebuild model make it less desirable in the marketplace in future?

:thumb:

habanero said:
I want the car to be usable everyday and on long trips so the Club Sport is probably not for me albeit I love those seats.

I also notice that it doesn't have the Sports Chrono package. Can't believe a £100k+ car doesn't have satnav and phone prep as standard even with it's track biased image.

Any thoughts on whether the fact that it is an early engine-rebuild model make it less desirable in the marketplace in future?

:thumb:

The rebuild thing is far less ( or not even) of an issue, in the future desireabilty stakes, than the CS option. Net i think the CS would be the cheaper car to own if comparing similar age/ mileage. They one they have is pricey so a higher starting point...

Phone kit..i think it has one but you will be unlikely to hear it that well in there anyway and iphone nav may be better than PCM3 for some.

If it's an everyday car, what's wrong with a Turbo?

The GT3 might be too raw for your tastes??

s2000db said:
If it's an everyday car, what's wrong with a Turbo?

The GT3 might be too raw for your tastes??

I'm keeping the Maserati so have that as a GT. I wanted something that is raw but that I can drive to the Alps, Spa and the Ring in this year.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back