Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Matt Farah One Take new 718 Boxster

Yeah I hate it.

I read today that the non S Boxster doesn't have the Variable vein turbos nor does the non S Carrera. So turbo lag on both of those cars.

I've been waiting for this car as a potential customer. But I don't think I'll be getting one. Also I wonder what they will do with the GTS versions and GT4 etc.? I'm going to have to wait to see if they get NA engines.

Sounds like a diesel! :x

Its quick. That ring time is impressive. Sounds horrible, push to pass button...total gimmick. The point of that is?

They have tried desperately to link the 4cyl turbo with their heritage but, as much as they are technically correct itsa bit of a straw clutching exercise that don't impress anyone. Why couldn't they just keep the six cyl?

Id rather her have an electric one than this washing machinery :floor:

Senoj said:
Its quick. That ring time is impressive. Sounds horrible, push to pass button...total gimmick. The point of that is?

They have tried desperately to link the 4cyl turbo with their heritage but, as much as they are technically correct itsa bit of a straw clutching exercise that don't impress anyone. Why couldn't they just keep the six cyl?

Id rather her have an electric one than this washing machinery :floor:

Yeah they've gone all Hollywood with their history (changing it to suit).

What was interesting is that Farrah drove a GT4 on track a few days later and said he missed the torque of the 4cyl 718. I don't like the sound either, but 0-60 in 4.0 dead for the 2.5 PDK is phenomenal when you think that's 997 GT3 fast.
I bet in 2 years time when all the tuners have had their way with the 718 and we have all become accustomed to hearing them on the streets of the UK, the debate over the sound will diminish and many of us will be out driving and singing the praises of this car?

Stay tuned!

I like it and it looks fast. Embrace the future gentleman ! Its what's going to make your flat 6's legend. Shame I am not a hairdresser else I'd have it.

Im with you Senoj, way too many desperate attempts to post create a history for the "new 4 cyl 718", not least the recent pics of the 919 engine (and to be honest, even as a Porsche fan, I thought that engine looked a bit "Demon Tweeks") :wink:

Im "marketing friendly": however the latest Christophorus was utter and complete marketing tosh, even allowing for translation.

But as others have said, when its all died down, I will bet they will still be a cracking car (minus 2 cyl) :wink:

Think the car looks great. :thumb:

Not so sure about the engine noise, but as others have already pointed out, in the future, many owners will not have had the delight of a NA engine, so will not be in a position to make a comparison. The turbo whistle and 4-cylinders will be their music to their ears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back