Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I'm seeing red - is that a bad thing

wilpert

Indianapolis
I'm currently in a 2010 Cayman s black on black

I'd like to move up to the newer model or go for a boxster s.
Problem is I keep veering towards white with the red interior, I'm thinking I might get one for around 40k but I'm wondering if the hit would be painful come resale time.

Is red such a bad colour?
How much cheaper might it be with red. If it's 2k and I get the same 2 k come sale time then I suppose it's not such a big deal?

I like a red interior with a dark exterior. I do feel it is rarely photographed well for the adverts though.

MC

If you want a white & red car, go for it. If you end up in something else, with say a grey interior, you'll just drive yourself mad. I can't stand black but if I was minded to flip a car, I'd order it in black on black as that's what people seem to want. My car has the Ocean Blue interior and I think it looks pretty smart. And it's not black.

I quite like red seats but when it's the whole lot e.g. dash, steering wheel and carpets that would be too much for me. A red and black mix is nice IMO.

But if YOU like red then I say go for it. No point in buying a car for yourself to someone else's taste.

To justify it I would work out the extra depreciation from any 'offending' item and put it into a cost per year to you over your ownership period. It'll be peanuts in the big scheme of things. :thumb:

White with red leather is a modern classic combination, IMHO. I doubt you'd take any noticeable hit come trade in.

Problem is: do/did Porsche actually make a red interior for the Boxster?

When we ordered the 981, the closest available was a rather odd orangey colour, but no red, otherwise we'd have chosen a white/red GTS

The biggest disappointment for me with the Boxster range is the colours. With the hood down you need body, hood and interior all to 'work' together. Porsche simply produce some odd / bland colours that don't really go with each other in a tasteful way. The problem was averted with the Spyder, which did allow a nice interior red, but not so the standard range. I mean, does anyone actually order the seats with the lime green inserts?

tim

If you are buying new and want an unusual colour combo then the OPC will want a larger deposit which will be non refundable .. thats to stop the OPC ordering a car which they could get stuck with if the customer pulls out of the sale.

Is buying second hand then firstly you have to find one , then compair it with other different coloured cars same spec to get an idear ...

But even if you buy second hand and its an unusual combo then you will be buying at the market price i would have thought, as the first owner would have a limited market as so have to sell cheaper.

As for do i think its a good colour .. hmm .. i like white .. i like red .. im just not sure both together works .. But hey .. im not buying the car .. you are so buy what you like !!!

MisterCorn said:
I like a red interior with a dark exterior. I do feel it is rarely photographed well for the adverts though.

MC

I like a red with a black interior ......... classic ...... :)

981 Boxsters were certainly available with a red leather interior, not sure what paint colours were available with it though - I know GT Silver was one as there's someone on Boxa.net got one.

Mine is Carrera white paint with the Carrera red interior. I looked for one with the red interior for a while, absolutely loved it. Then I hated it and thought *****, what have I done, now I love it again. Its the same colour as the RS60 Boxster special edition, not true red and not too loud.

Have you considered some of the two tone colours say red and black? With this the dash and steering wheel are black. If you go for red interior everything is red including steering wheel, can be a little overpowering but of course this is a matter of personal taste. Don't be afraid to go for something striking as black is rather bland- a Porsche should have a bit of character it's not a 'shrinking violet' type of car!

Just given it a quick vacuum....

Attachments

• img_0347_208.jpg
    img_0347_208.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 5,636

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back