Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's my car worth?

Mcneil

Hi,
I have a 964, C4 Targa from 1990 with 95k miles on clock. I've had Porsche for 10 years and kept in garage, only using in good weather. The car is in very good condition. Thinking of selling but not sure I can bring myself to do so. Can anyone advise me what my car might be worth on the market?
Thanks in anticipation.
Neil

Hello Neil,

Sorry can't provide any advice as to actual valuation of a 964. Maybe one of the more experienced members will be along soon to give you some ideas.

But why don't you try and get an Insurance valuation? Out of curiosity more than anything else, I contacted John Glynn to have my 964 valued. Cost £35.

Clearly any figure is going to be pretty speculative, but if nothing else the figure from John should give you something to work with.

Cheers,

Mark

Prices have slumped, plus it's not far off the 100000 mile barrier.

I'll give you £10K to take it off your hands.

£10k and a pack of Fruit Pastels :hand:

i'll play.

assuming it's a manual and you're selling privately....£30k to 35k

just my two cents. based on buying a C4 manual coupe with similar mileage rom a well respected dealer 7 months ago for £37.5k. Now maybe woryh close to £40k as prices still on gradual up, agreed with Insurance no probs. Knock off around £5k if selling private. knock off another 2k to 3k as targa not coupe.

mavster said:
£10k and a pack of Fruit Pastels :hand:

What's next a full tank is of fuel to sweeten the deal :floor:

A lot of websites selling them will give you a realistic price. Then pit yours with your own knowledge of the car. Eg condition, originality, service history, mileage, age, etc

badlands said:
i'll play.

assuming it's a manual and you're selling privately....£30k to 35k

just my two cents. based on buying a C4 manual coupe with similar mileage rom a well respected dealer 7 months ago for £37.5k. Now maybe woryh close to £40k as prices still on gradual up, agreed with Insurance no probs. Knock off around £5k if selling private. knock off another 2k to 3k as targa not coupe.

That's not a bad stab at it. £30k would be my 'start' point and then it would all come down to condition etc. and how quick you want to sell. I'd say there is a bigger spread targa-coupe and more like £5k+ but again conditon is the factor.

A quick x-ref in the classifieds/eBay will give you an idea but some have been around a long time as their prices for a private sale are too hexy :roll: Also discount the dreamer (care in the community/day release) sellers like this one @£59k where perhaps his other car is a 993 :floor:

Mcneil said:
Hi,
I have a 964, C4 Targa from 1990 with 95k miles on clock. I've had Porsche for 10 years and kept in garage, only using in good weather. The car is in very good condition. Thinking of selling but not sure I can bring myself to do so. Can anyone advise me what my car might be worth on the market?
Thanks in anticipation.
Neil

Subject to colour, car options and the actual condition, from realistaically £30k upwards to £35k

Zingari Valuation Arena :hand:

Mondrian said:
Is Hagerty generally known for under valuing?

They usually come in higher than me :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back