Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bonnet Keeps Opening

berrymv

Hi My 2004 Boxster has just developed an issue where the Front bonnet keeps popping up. Started when I was driving home after filling the car up. I had to open the bonnet to get something out, then a mile down the road the bonnet popped. Did it on the drive when I moved it, now if I lock the car with the Remote, then unlock it the bonnet pops as well. Tried both keys, removed the electrics from the key so I hit the right button. still pops the bonnet. Any clues ??? Thanks In advance

Dampness in you bonnet release switch or its sticky. Try actuating it a few times. Cured my 996.

Genius the button inside the car was stuck in the up position. silly but I did not think to look as I had used the remote.
thanks a million.

Vic

You're welcome kind sir.

Glad you found it was just the button sticking.

For reference I had this happen and it was a faulty solenoid causing mine to keep opening. I though I was going mad knowing I shut the bonnet only for the light to come on and bonnet pop 100m down the road.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back