Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

F1 is pants... MotoGP rules!

DucatiRob

Mugello
Discuss :D

Bikes are a far greater spectacle IMHO

I think your statement is bang on........nuff said :thumbs:

Fell asleep during Bahrain F1 and was shouting at the telly during the GP - just awsome!

I would like to see two 40 minute races, flat out with no restriction on fuel.

its just a bore, and has been since senna, prost, piquet and Mansell.

You need a manual clutch and manual gears, its what it was all about.

never watch it, plus those earrings do my head in.

No idea why I watch F1, it's not even decent racing. Like the drivers and commentators, I have no idea what's going on.

Although Suzie Wolff........

Totally agree with OP. F1 has been a snooze fest for years compared to MotoGP.
I absolutely love my 911. Its an exciting car with fantastic performance but if you want full on, exciting man and machine involvement you need to ride a superbike. Clearly illustrated in the F1/MotoGP debate. :wink:

Motogp but with the F1 commentators would be the best as watching it last night, the motogp comms where ***** useless and abit above amateur level.

Saw the marquez swap over and he basically jumps off the bike as its still rolling forward whereas Rossi stops and gets off

Agree the commentators are a little bit on the amateur side in MotoGP but I don't mind as long as they know what they are talking about, Hodgy is good value though.. could do with some eye candy...not happy Suzy Perry is coming back !

MotoGP went through a dull patch when Doohan was winning every race and Foggy ruled the roost in WSB.

It could do with a few more characters like Rossi (a complete God in my books) :worship:

I love my MotoGP weekends, escape from the girlfriends early on a Sunday afternoon and have about 15 hours of practice, qualifying and racing to get through :D

steve1 said:
And the beers dont forget the beers

Oh yes... the beers! :cheers:

apollokre1d said:
DucatiRob said:

I always seem to miss it, what channel is it on?

BT Sport. I think ITV4 do re runs but dunno the times. I'm usually working but my Mrs. records the series so I catch up when I get home... With beers, of course.

I gave up on F1 quite a few years ago. It is not motor racing imho. Too many rules and regs. The race starts with a conversation about tyres and drs zones, fuel strategy or whatever. If they did away with the down force body work it might help.

MotoGP is racing in its finest form. Every race is an epic. And the personalities are so much stronger. I like my cars and bikes but bike racing is a breed apart. Those bike racers have balls of drop forged kryptonite.
Rick

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back