Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: 996 interior luggage (BOUGHT - please lock thread)

Andyvvc

Hi,

I'm looking for the softer (not hard metal case) interior luggage for a 996. I believe it's a two item set, with a choice of two variants:

2x cases that sit on the rear seat backs when folded forwards (stepped - also make use of the parcel shelf space too)
2x cases that sit on the rear seats only

I'm not necessarily looking for genuine Porsche items - third party options considered.

Cash waiting.

Thanks

I have these, cost £10 (edit: £16) each off eBay and maximise the space available:

20150829_151903_zps2jg4qoip.jpg

20150901_113443_zps3q6gmhqe.jpg

20150901_113625_zpspyism7ai.jpg

20150901_113613_zpsvfuwo10k.jpg

They look an ideal size Alex - do you have a link?

Not really keen on the Porsche bit but the size looks perfect

I had the Porsche bit put on for a larf. It's a team bag so you get any name you want printing on it for free. They are HUGE and can hold far more than a large suitcase. Perfect fit in the front boot and also perfect fit on the rear seats.

Made an error on the price, they're £16 each including delivery. Total 110 litre capacity!! Make sure it's the larger size of the 2.

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291477413429

.....and here's a write-up I did at the time: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=105962

Nice one Alex, they look decent for the money!

Is the rear-seat picture the bag up-ended? How strong are the straps in terms of lifting the bag when it's heavily loaded...does the stitching cope?

Cheers!

Hi.

The bag is sat on its base in the boot and stood up on its end in the rear. I'd removed my rear seats as I had the dog in the back for 2 weeks. The bag should still fit fine with seats in without blocking visibility. The straps are plenty strong enough to take a full load, so long as it isn't bullion :grin:

I have more substantional stuff for moving that :wink:

Nice one. Don't be too put off when they get delivered through your letterbox in the worlds smallest parcel.

When you open them up, they don't look much, but trust me - they will hold double, if not triple any other solution offers and they're quite robust.

Another bonus is when not in use, they fold up quite small, so no taking up space in hotels rooms or your loft, etc.

Brilliant thanks Alex they look ideal. I was trying to work out what it said on the front. I think I'm gonna have Team 911UK put on mine* :lol:

*I'm not

My 2 bags delivered

Perfect fit. Cheers Alex

Personalised :floor:

I'm thinking of ordering 25 :thumb:

I did my homework when sourcing them and measured everything up to find something as close to fit as possible. You'd almost think they were made specifically for the 996/997.

Glad you're happy with them. They're a steal on price for what they do.

Mine arrived the other week. Used one in anger at the weekend. Filled it pretty full (translation: the gf filled it pretty full) and then I tried to fit it into the front trunk (with the 1L oil bottle in its case velcroed to the side of the trunk still)

It didn't fit! FFS Alex!! (I then gave it a little squish, and it fitted perfectly)

NICE ONE ALEX! :thumbs:

Roadster luggage now purchased from a member on here, along with the frunk bag recommended by Alex.

Mods - can this thread be closed please?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back