Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

An 'interesting' colour for a GTS

T8

Super Moderator
Seen at the Silverstone PEC this week.

Not for me, sorry.

I had an Opel Manta that colour in the 80s and always referred to it as British Telecom yellow.
:nooo:

I quite like it. Reminds me of the bold colours from Porsches of the 964. Understandably won't be overly popular here in the land of silver and black.

:nooo:

I had a Mk1 Manta in that colour also.........as an 18 year old I loved that car :thumbs: .........not so good in the corners.......

I think it looks good on the Cayman - mainly because its not silver or dark.

Yes please! I like it too.

Edit : and I drive a car in a boring colour (white, which is still my favourite )

Mark

Not too bad at all - could potentially live with that colour on a day-to-day basis. :thumb:

That would brighten up my day

Certainly shouts look at me everyone I drive a Porsche. It's similar to having a red Ferrari. Bet it comes with its own aviator glasses 8) :grin:

Yeah, I like that. I think just about any top end sports car can pull off the colour thing. Think of the fluorescent lime green lambo aventador. It looks ace, but that colour on a VW Polo wouldn't quite have the same effect.
I looked at the featured yellow 997.2 Carrera S4 in last months Total911 mag (buyers guide) and thought it looked gorgeous.

Looks like Bumblebee from the Transformers films. Both the 993 Turbo & Turbo S are yellow in the latest Total911. To top it off Porsche are using yellow throughout their advertising campaign photos for the 911 991.2 Carrera 4S. Everything comes around back into fashion driven by media advertising.

The poor white Cabriolet behind it, are we seeing white becoming out of favour again after its sixth year as most popular colour of new car order.

I am highly biassed of course, but think the 981 GTS just look superb. The 981 is a great looking car to begin with, but is actually improved by the GTS look. The simple visual trick of not having a painted lower middle section to the PU, somehow makes the car look more sporty - almost Ferrari like - at the front.

I'd love to see a nice whacky PTS choice on a GTS - bright orange, riviera blue, venom green or voodoo blue would looks awesome, imho.

tim

I dont think that is BT yellow, it looks too dark. I like it.

My chum started working for BT as an installer and he used to drive one of those big square yellow vans. I use the term 'drive' somewhat loosely as between jobs he would always go home for a crap and afternoon nap. All was going well until his boss noticed the van parked up regularly for several hours. He was then 'developed' to the job of installing phones to those on 'benefits' in the Wythenshawe area of Manchester :what: He never went near porcelain until he got home and convinced those getting a DSS phone it was a condition of installation it had to be fitted as near to the front door as possible so he could avoid going in :grin:

Difficult to tell from the lighting in the picture, but that looks like Speed Yellow to me? If so, that certainly isn't the most offensive hue of banana to put on a car :dont know:

[Not my thing for anything that I would own personally, but it can work okay]

Disco said:
Difficult to tell from the lighting in the picture, but that looks like Speed Yellow to me? If so, that certainly isn't the most offensive hue of banana to put on a car :dont know:

[Not my thing for anything that I would own personally, but it can work okay]

Trust me, that car is not speed yellow.

The car is exactly the same colour as it appears in the photos.

Even with light on it, it's far darker than speed yellow, more like mustard that's gone a bit off.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back