Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2016 Top Gear Series Trailer

911UK

Administrator
Staff member

.....would be nice to see some sensible/normal fast cars getting evaluated and rated vs all the exotica and stupid outfits :dont know:

If they make it a bit more mainstream now and then and do a good job of it then it could work vs trying to outdo the previous 3.

Don't worry we will love it once Chris reviews some awesome new 911 :). Good luck TG.

Ditch Mr Evans and it could work.

Jcx said:
Looks pap.

+1

... and those are the best bits :frustrated:

The theee amigos were:

1) just that (friends)
2) funny (even when they weren't funny, as you were in on the bad joke)
3) each, in their own way, respected (in a relevant motoring capacity)
4) each, in their own way, cool
5) look to be the sort you'd like to have a pint with

Evans is not funny or cool.

Any relevant motoring reputation seems to be where he put his money when he wasn't drinking it. And all the cars seem to have no accolade to him other than their price tag or the fact he went and painted them all white.

GT4 said:
Jcx said:
Looks pap.

+1

... and those are the best bits :frustrated:

The theee amigos were:

1) just that (friends)
2) funny (even when they weren't funny, as you were in on the bad joke)
3) each, in their own way, respected (in a relevant motoring capacity)
4) each, in their own way, cool
5) look to be the sort you'd like to have a pint with

Evans is not funny or cool.

Any relevant motoring reputation seems to be where he put his money when he wasn't drinking it. And all the cars seem to have no accolade to him other than their price tag or the fact he went and painted them all white.

Hmmmmm......good points and this new format could be a disaster in waiting as it is clear that many struggle with Evans as a presenter.

I have never ever understood his popularity status as he just comes across as so unnatural and an actor in front of the camera, who has to force himself to try to be funny.

Yes we got tired of Jeza sometimes but at least we got genuine laughs at his antics. The glue or dna that bonded the 3 of them together was natural and genuine.....even if the shows format was becoming tiresome.

So basically, it's trying to be the same but with different people...... :dont know:

It does have the look and feel of a bad tribute band :dont know:

GT4 said:
It does have the look and feel of a bad tribute band :dont know:

+1

For me, Evans' gift is creating an environment where his guests relax and shine. For me, he is a dull subject but a great enabler.

How that might translate to TH is anyone's guess.

Other four letter words spring to my mind.

I don't know why everyone is saying it's not going to work, we have no idea until it starts.

The original 3 had been disappointing fans for years. They hadn't made a good for as long as I could remember. They peaked in season 6/7. All of the nonsense of them cocking about with false moustaches was embarrassing. I recall threads on here with people saying this.

I think it needed new blood. And it's going to take time for the new one to get established. I'm looking forward to it.

I noticed the trailer has about 35k dislikes. But if you frequent YouTube you'll know there are groups of people who watch every video and dislike it in protest. It's pathetic really. Because they are never going to return which is what they are 'demanding'.

I'd rather knock about with Chris Evans than that penis Hammond. Chris Harris is one boring tit as well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back