Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mercedes 300 SL

spiderlane

Nurburgring
Ok it's a slight stretch to call it a "Performance" car, but here is Mrs spiderlane's new wheels.

25496367133_48c3eb35c4_b.jpg

Behold the 80's glory.

All the cliches are true; wonderful Mercedes engineering, refinement is unbelievable for a nr 30 year old car.

Mark

spiderlane said:
Ok it's a slight stretch to call it a "Performance" car, but here is Mrs spiderlane's new wheels.

25496367133_48c3eb35c4_b.jpg

Behold the 80's glory.

All the cliches are true; wonderful Mercedes engineering, refinement is unbelievable for a nr 30 year old car.

Mark

Lovely. Used to love those (and still do). Great weekend car!

Lovely. These cars have real class. My sister has a 1980 something one, in an awful colour, in 280SL flavour, but it's still a great car to ride in. Hope you get to keep it for a very long time.

Very nice, one of the last. This is mine, currently on vacation at The SL Shop for bulkhead and chassis leg work. Should be like a new car when it comes back in September.

MC

Very nice cars, providing they are not as rusty as my old Merc.

Just make sure you clear out the drain holes to let the water out that collects via the bulkhead vents :thumb:

That's where they go and it's not easy to spot. :what:

I fancied one of these a few years back after watching Dallas as a teenager imagining doing Victoria Principal with the 93 million miles of available headroom* :oops:

Hewn from granite and the 89+ is the one I'd go for

(*The Gillian 'Range Rover escapade' Taylforth incident came some time after and spurred on the flagging MG-TF :hand: )

Thanks guys. The car is from The SL Shop and comes with a 3 year bulkhead warranty so should be good on that front.

It's an 89 car and they started galvanising them post 86 so that gives some (but not complete) protection from rust. I'll be checking the drain holes religiously!

On the motorway at 69.9 miles an hour it's so smooth, quiet and refined you wouldn't believe it's a 27 year old example of a car which first went on sale in 1971. Incredible.

Cheers
Mark

Heres my SL320, I had it 2 years but sold it as I dont like autos

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back