Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flat battery and broken door locks - how to get in?

Stuey912e

Hi All,

First post but been following the site for a bit now. I actually have '76 912e but it's the same as a 911 for the purpose of the question. Basically, the car has a retro fit driver door remote fob and the battery has gone flat (in the car not fob) so it's not opening. On top of that, the drivers door lock has broken and been changed in its life, so that doesn't work (barrel comes out the door) and the passenger side is the original lock so not keyed key alike anymore. So, is there a hidden secret to getting into the car with breaking a window etc so get the battery out and charged.

Any help appreciated if available!

Ta,

Nic.

Cut out the rear side window rubber to get in.
Easy enough to replace yourself once the battery is sorted.

Can't believe they sell that!

Sorry can`t help, but I love this picture :

Does the 912e have an old-school button on the top of the door panel?

If so, I could suggest a method I actually learned from Strathclyde Police and have used (legally) a couple of times myself - would send this by PM rather than posting. The tools are readily available..

Otherwise, if you have cover, I've also seen the RAC break into a car using one of their toolkits.

Thanks for the suggestions people.

Graemep - yep it has the old door pin in the top of the door card near the a-pillar. Someone advised of a way to get unlock the door with plastic strapping from a parcel but the problem is the location of the door pin and being able to 'jimmy' open the door enough without damaging the lip on the bodywork (which I think is for water run off) as door is recessed when closed, if that makes sense?

It's like Porsche considered all this to make it tough/impossible to break into without smashing the glass.

It was the same method I was going to suggest, but I'd expect if the pin isn't readily accessible then it's more of an issue.

I've seen the RAC use a mini airbag on the actual door lever, but again that also involves jimmying the doorframe from the B pillar to pass the tool through.

I'm thinking cutting the window rubber as suggested might be the option, unless you know a friendly locksmith..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back