Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car wrap (997 turbo)

RJW1881

Spa-Francorchamps
I'm going on a couple of road rallies this year and am seriously considering getting my car wrapped for a bit of fun. Something like "rat style" police car?

And do's & dont's I should consider? Any recommendations of a reputable company to do it in the PE12 area?

Something like a modern version of this?

Attachments

• image_507.jpeg
    image_507.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 13,011
Yes I was looking at the other thread on the rat wraps and am seriously tempted my self ,
Just make sure the wrapping company u use don't use Stanley knives to trim the vinal on your car ! , my wrapping place vwc Leeds use a cut tape slices the wrap without any danger of harming the car :thumb:

Just searched and viewed the other thread. The rat style race decals look awesome. That's also now a serous option.

RJW1881 said:
Just searched and viewed the other thread. The rat style race decals look awesome. That's also now a serous option.

I think they are great, let us know prices when you talk to companies as for the right price I would be very tempted as it would add to the grin factor these cars give us. :grin: :thumb:

RJW1881 said:
I'm going on a couple of road rallies this year and am seriously considering getting my car wrapped for a bit of fun. Something like "rat style" police car?

And do's & dont's I should consider? Any recommendations of a reputable company to do it in the PE12 area?

Have a chat with Paint Shield, they're not that far from you.
Don't know if they can source what you're looking for but I'm sure they will know someone who can and they will know of the do's and dont's.

Be good to see some pics with what you end up having.
:thumb:

Unit 4 Morley Court, Morley Way, Peterborough PE2 7BW
Phone:01733 390777

My suggestion - Rat look gulf racing livery!

968575102f1b6296be37c86507f0846d.jpg

Rat look gulf livery I think that's perfect great idea. :thumb: :grin:

Although on my search for ideas, I saw this and given my liking of Acid green thought I would post it for inspiration.

:thumb:

Attachments

• acid_green_accents_231.jpg
    acid_green_accents_231.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 12,856
If you didn't want to down the rat look avenue, you could go for the 'dirty race car' look, so it looks like it's just done 24 hours at LeMans..

collection_aid4835_b1693424ca01c2a2254b055114e44a59.jpg

RJW1881 said:

The company that does the wrap should be able to print any design in theory.

But i guess they need a design to print first..

They are in Sweden and will only do one-off designs and fit the wrap themselves.

I've just heard back from them and they are unhelpful sods.

Kimbo said:
They are in Sweden and will only do one-off designs and fit the wrap themselves.

Contact wrap companies over here. Like I say, in theory you can print anything onto the vinyl. Its just getting the design, but commercial wrap companies will have a designer. They charged damn site less than that Swedish mob.

CarreraMonkey said:
Kimbo said:

Contact wrap companies over here. Like I say, in theory you can print anything onto the vinyl. Its just getting the design, but commercial wrap companies will have a designer. They charged damn site less than that Swedish mob.

^^^This. My mates just added wraps to his repertoire and offered me one free to help advertise but I turned it down. I must admit I was tempted to do a Rothmans livery but never thought of a barn find version. As much as I hate the "fake/forced" rat look, I love that 991 Martini barn find that's knocking about.
Genuine patina is cool, taking the paint off a panel of your MKIV Golf is shite! The trouble is though now it's out there it's not really different - everyone's doing it. Then again it's only cos I'm old - I was doing rat look scooters before people even knew what rat look was...

Jamie© said:
CarreraMonkey said:
Kimbo said:

^^^This. My mates just added wraps to his repertoire and offered me one free to help advertise but I turned it down. I must admit I was tempted to do a Rothmans livery but never thought of a barn find version. As much as I hate the "fake/forced" rat look, I love that 991 Martini barn find that's knocking about.
Genuine patina is cool, taking the paint off a panel of your MKIV Golf is shite! The trouble is though now it's out there it's not really different - everyone's doing it. Then again it's only cos I'm old - I was doing rat look scooters before people even knew what rat look was...

Jamie any ideas on the sort of money these rat look ot a gulf livery style wraps are :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back