Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Home Built Hot Rod (Video Build)

Homebuiltbyjeff

Hey guys,

I have been building my RSR style backdate project for a few months now on an Aussie forum. I hope I am not stepping on any toes, but I thought some of you guys might like to have a look. I have been doing full videos of each part of the build.

This is the first Vid.

And this is the latest (there are a few in between).

Jeff.

Here are some pics of how I bought it.

This is what it looks like now (well last week anyway).

Hi Jeff,
Been watching this for a while. Top effort and really enjoyable watch.
:thumbs:
ATB
Ian

Thanks Ian. I am enjoying the whole process of building the car. It is therapeutic, and my wife likes that it keeps me out of her hair ;)

Really interesting thread. Would love to do this myself... just not convinced I have the skills!

Well another week down working away at the build. This week I have been working away at the panel gaps, to make sure they are nice and crisp and even. I am pretty happy with the result.

Here is the latest vid.

https://youtu.be/Mg00id7Fi98

Jeff. A great build series and an amazing job on the bodywork. But how the heck do you stop the rest of your garage being covered in dust?

J.

That is a great point, and one I don't have a great answer for yet. What I have been doing is vacuuming the car out and then I have a big exhaust fan with a large flexible hose on it. I then use an air blower to agitate all the dust and suck it up with the big flex hose. It seems to be working ok at this stage.

Hi Jeff, good video series.

Just wondering? Did you recently buy that Cayman S? I thought I saw it for sale on Carsales.com.au a few months ago.

:?:

No I recently sold it. I miss it though. Beautiful car, just a bit loud and low for the wife as a daily driver :(

Ah, gotcha. I remember seeing it because I thought it looked so good. Anyway I'm sure with the backdate project on your hands you haven't had much time to miss the Cayman yet?

Yeah, the 911 keeps me busy, and I replaced the Cayman with an S5. The S5 is faster and much more comfortable, but it is still boring in comparison :(

Still, a very nice car the S5.
I'll be moving back to NSW later this year, so I look forward to maybe seeing your completed project on the road or maybe at a Porsche event one day...

:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back