Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reset ecu after bad fuel ?

Rockunrolla

Hi chaps , I remember on my 996 if I'd put some stinky 95ron fuel in as an emergency I could later once ran it out and got vpower back in - do a reset via the turn key to 1 wait 60 secs !!

Does anyone know if there's a procedure to do the same with the 991 ?

Cheers
:thumb:

The ECU will adjust the timing automatically. I don't see why you'd need to do any manual resets even in a 996. Unless it was on a custom ECU with switchable maps for fuels of different RON values.

You'd do no harm putting in 95 RON on the odd occasion. If you did it constantly and revved to max revs consistently on it, you could argue the engine wouldn't last as long as on 98+ RON but that is also debatable. At most you just lose a bit of power.

If it's anything like the earlier cars:

1) Turn on the ignition but do not start the engine or touch the throttle pedal.

2) After 60 seconds switch off the ignition for at least 10 seconds.

3) Start as usual.

The following criteria is required for successful adaptation of earlier models.

• The vehicle must be stationery

Battery voltage must be more than 10v

Engine temp must be between 5 degrees and 100 degrees C.

Ah yes that's the method , I'll give it a go thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back