Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera S, 4S, GTS air filters - 3.8 Ltr NA models

alex_123_fra

Hi all, I noticed that my 2013 (Nov) C4S has had all the usual bits done in services so far but not had replacement air filters. I realise this is a total "backend off" job (including rear lights, bumper etc., but how often should this be done? Any benefit in replacing the stock paper filters with the BMC or ITG aftermarket ones? Is the oil the aftermarket ones are impregnated with likely to cause any sensor issues?

Also, the service book suggests servicing maintenance schedules can be at 2, 6 and 10 years for "intermediate maintenance" and 4, 8 and 12 years for "maintenance". This suggests a service every 2 years or 20k miles? Surely that is too big an interval for a car like this to have oil changes etc. I'd have thought at least 10k miles.

Not sure about filters but the 20k mile service is correct. I guess it is a measure of the quality of the engineering that it needs such infrequent servicing?

In fact my 911 is cheaper to service than my wife's Tiguan....

When I had the 997 it had an oil/filter change every year.
I will always do this. :thumb:

997 was every 24 months Tom :thumb:

Had a work colleague who chose to live in Cornwall and have a ridiculous commute to work... he did easy 60k miles+ per annum, I kid you not, he had his oil changed and car serviced every 8 weeks. His annual servicing bill could have run a small country.

As ever, it depends on what type of driving you do... if you are doing motorway mileage and reasonable temperatures and burning off condensation Vs if you are doing infrequent driving and sprints and peaks/troughs of temperatures and vehicle standing; then you need to change your oil accordingly.

Its not purely how many miles driven.

intriguing one about changing air filters! sounds expensive.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back