Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 ownership thread

sackerley

Hi Everyone,

You may recall I was asking your opinions on having and using a 3rd car. Well you all gave me the push I needed to take the plunge into owning my dream car.

So... I've placed an order and have to wait until the 2nd of April to go and pick it up. To say I'm excited is an understatement! The garage is being cleared out ready for the new arrival!

The dealer didn't know the answer, hopefully you may able to. Looking at the exhaust tips I'm not 100% sure that the exhaust is standard. Any thoughts on this?

Heres a few pics from the dealer website

Attachments

• img_4542_101.jpg
    img_4542_101.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 11,211
  • img_4539_186.jpg
    img_4539_186.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 11,211
  • img_4540_121.jpg
    img_4540_121.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 11,211
  • img_4543_153.jpg
    img_4543_153.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 11,211
  • img_4550_190.jpg
    img_4550_190.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 11,211
  • img_4535_325.jpg
    img_4535_325.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 11,211
Looks like a nice car, carbon pack, sports seats, upgraded read LED lights, what makes you think the rear tips or the exhaust is not OPE

Standard Oval tips look right to me :dont know:

Looks very nice with the carbon , could be a non standard exhaust even with standard tips :thumbs:

Well done, nice car :thumb:

Thanks chaps, I do think it's a lovely looking thing

Re the exhaust, I thought (might be wrong!) the standard item isn't fully oval, more flattened slightly at the bottom?! My knowledge is limited though and happy if it's standard or not.

sackerley said:
Thanks chaps, I do think it's a lovely looking thing

Re the exhaust, I thought (might be wrong!) the standard item isn't fully oval, more flattened slightly at the bottom?! My knowledge is limited though and happy if it's standard or not.

As you say they may be aftermarket tips as its something people often change if they start to look worn and the type of previous owner that would spend £400 upgrading the rear lights to led would IMO be the sort of person who would change the tips if they had lost the shine and it's clearly a well looked after car so the previous keeper was someone who cared about their cars , either way the tips look good on the car :grin: :thumb:

Nice!
Iceboy
:thumb:

Nice car, I spotted it on the Maundrell site too. They have a nice original amber light .1 C2 as well, but with the mint green interior that is not everyone's cup of tea.

I went with a mate for him to look at a Boxster at Maundrells, which is close to home- best thing is the test drive; nice roads!

I saw the other 996 too. As you say the interior isn't to everyone's liking. I (obviously) prefer the black and carbon in the one I'm getting. Carbon was on my wish list and it seems pretty rare option.

I've not seen the car in the metal yet. And won't until I pick it up! But I have heard the roads are perfect driving roads.

Nice car m8. :thumb:

Don't forget to come back and let us all know what she drives like when you collect her.

Osh

Very nice. Like the Tips and the LED's. They make the car look more contemporary/ current, liking the interior also. Is that steering original ?

I also saw that and I thought it looked lovely! Congrats and I bet you're counting the sleeps until you pick her up! :D

Out of interest, why the long wait?

Nice car and love the carbon

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back