Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 12
997 : 2004- 74
996 : 1997-2005 31
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 16
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 2
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
gh27
Newbie


Joined: 16 Dec 2015
Posts: 27



PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I will change mine to the led ones .Were is best to order from ?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15188
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gh27 wrote:
Think I will change mine to the led ones .Were is best to order from ?


I used dectane to upgrade my 997.1 and they are good dectaine and depo are the same thing, if you looking at USA sites there called Depo over there

http://www.dectane-tuning.com/led-taillights-porsche-911-996-97-06-red-crystal-rpo04dlrc_4978452.html

http://www.supertweaks.com/porsche/porsche-lighting/porsche-996-lighting/porsche-carrera-996-rear-led-997-2-style-tail-lights-smoked
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.

Last edited by Phil 997 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
 



dectane 997.2 style.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.85 KB
 Viewed:  5624 Time(s)

dectane  997.2 style.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15188
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look like an led version of the stock 996 lights so might be a better option for those that prefer to stay more stock looking but still upgrade to LEDs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/131193864381?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=1006548&poi=&campaignid=207297426&device=c&adgroupid=13585920426&rlsatarget=aud-133395220626%3Apla-131843273586&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=122&ff19=0&ul_noapp=true


http://www.design911.co.uk//fu/prod11400/Indicator-Unit-Rear-Clear-Red-with-LED-bulbs-for-Porsche-996/?gclid=CIWmjrH54MsCFRATGwod-skOdA
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 



IMG_4899.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.66 KB
 Viewed:  5629 Time(s)

IMG_4899.JPG


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sackerley
Monza


Joined: 16 Mar 2016
Posts: 168



PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just heard from the dealer that the car will be ready for pick up on Saturday! Its currently having a full paint correction, ceramic coating etc following its service and few bits and pieces sorted. thumbsup

I've got my Insurance sorted with through Classic Line - they gave a far better quote than anyone else.

Now I need to book my train. A 4 hour trip to Oxford... it sounds a drag but... I can't wait for the drive back!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Osh
Sepang


Joined: 19 Nov 2012
Posts: 2899
Location: Bristol


PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff m8 - don't forget, lots of piccies please and a write up of your drive home. We need a full description of how wide the smile is on your face.


Osh
_________________
2004 C4S Cab manual - looks the bollox...
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
mavster
Monza


Joined: 11 Aug 2012
Posts: 241
Location: East London/Kent


PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sackerley wrote:
I have just heard from the dealer that the car will be ready for pick up on Saturday! Its currently having a full paint correction, ceramic coating etc following its service and few bits and pieces sorted. thumbsup

I've got my Insurance sorted with through Classic Line - they gave a far better quote than anyone else.

Now I need to book my train. A 4 hour trip to Oxford... it sounds a drag but... I can't wait for the drive back!


Are you tempted to go down there any spy on it being prepped up ?..I have been very tempted previously Grin
_________________
F-Type 5.0 R AWD
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15188
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sackerley wrote:
I have just heard from the dealer that the car will be ready for pick up on Saturday! Its currently having a full paint correction, ceramic coating etc following its service and few bits and pieces sorted. thumbsup

I've got my Insurance sorted with through Classic Line - they gave a far better quote than anyone else.

Now I need to book my train. A 4 hour trip to Oxford... it sounds a drag but... I can't wait for the drive back!


Good luck Sat. mate enjoy the drive home make sure we get feedback and pictures Thumb Grin
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sackerley
Monza


Joined: 16 Mar 2016
Posts: 168



PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!! I'll make sure to take a load of pics!

Im not sure my smile could get any bigger already!! haha

Its a bit far to go check on the prep otherwise yes id be tempted!! I'm sure it will be spot on though Smile
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Halcyon
Imola


Joined: 02 Nov 2015
Posts: 811
Location: Somerset


PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumb
Looking forward to hearing all about it!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
stevepen
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 299
Location: Stockport


PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to your first day feedback. I'm off to test drive one today. Been searching for the ideal one for 2 months so far.
_________________
2000 C4 Tip
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15188
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevepen wrote:
Looking forward to your first day feedback. I'm off to test drive one today. Been searching for the ideal one for 2 months so far.


Good luck with your viewing today Steve Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sackerley
Monza


Joined: 16 Mar 2016
Posts: 168



PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your test drive Steve. My first drive will be tomorrow!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sackerley
Monza


Joined: 16 Mar 2016
Posts: 168



PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update time!

Well I've not go the car.... Yet anyway. After traveling for over 4 hours to get there the car wasn't quite as expected. But lets start with the positives!

The car looks stunning. Not to many stone chips/marks. Overall great condition. Very nice to drive, amazing sound track! The carbon parts look very nice and really give it an even more upmarket feel (to me at least). The roads around the garage are perfect for this type of car.

So why didn't I bring her home.

- Well firstly the wheels looked great on the outers, the inners not so good. Don't get me wrong they where not terrible just not as good as they should be.

- The back of the seats are in a shocking state. Like the last owner had devil children that scratched them to pieces. I was pretty shocked by how bad they where.

- On the test drive there was a lot of wind noise from the drivers side. On investigation it seems the the door catch wasn't aligned properly follow the sills being resprayed. No way I could have driven it like this for 3 hours on the M1.

- Theres a small amount of 'milking' Not sure of the correct term here. But on the windscreen there is a small white milky patch, not huge and it sounds like theres no fix.


So what now - I can either walk away or the garage has agreed to refurbing the wheels & respraying the seat backs. I have asked if this can be done in silver to match the exterior, which I think would look great. They'll remount the door catch. They can't do anything about the windscreen.

My feeling is to get the work done and wait another 2 weeks. But there is a part of me that wants to walk away. I expected this is down the inconvenience of it all?!

Does anyone have an experience of the milky patch in the window? And can it be treated?

Oh one positive about having to get the train home... I was given a lift to the station in a a stunning 964 RS - my lord it was lovely. Terrible as a daily, heaven for a toy!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Halcyon
Imola


Joined: 02 Nov 2015
Posts: 811
Location: Somerset


PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! I feel for you, you must be so disappointed!
I have to ask though - were the seats and wheel innards part of the agreed work that you noted when you first viewed the car? Or didn't you notice them?

The windscreen is de-laminating and the only fix is replacement. If your insurance covers it, then that would minimise the cost.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sackerley
Monza


Joined: 16 Mar 2016
Posts: 168



PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disappointed! but hey these things happen.

I'd not seen the car in person so I was going on what i was told by the dealer. Which was that the wheels where in great condition, I had requested these to be refurbished if not already at a similar level.

The seats were never mentioned. I was only told that the interior was in great condition. I'd requested images but never received any. But agin was reassured of the condition. They'd gone the effort of respraying the sills for minor scuffs. It seemed at odds to have seats in such a bad condition.

I guess this is the danger of buying cars at a distance and not seeing it for yourself. I would have picked these up on inspection is I saw it for myself. As I'm sure most people would too.

The dealer was very good about it all and theres been no trouble with them at all in getting a resolution.

Thanks for the info on the window - I had feared it would be a replacement job. Any ideas on the rough cost?!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Y2K
Nürburgring


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 447
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the issues are deal-breaker for me (perhaps apart from the windscreen), providing the price is fair.

You said the car drove well and the body condition is good. Presumably it has good history as well? Good ones are getting hard to find now so if you're happy with the works to be carried out by the dealer, I say go for it.

(But only you can decide that Wink )

Good luck!
_________________
2005 996 GT3 mk2
1999 Integra DC2
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
stevepen
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 299
Location: Stockport


PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walked away from my viewing as well. Had a test drive and noticed the steering wheel off centre and car pulling to the left. On further inspection at the front the bonnet was brand new (and no options sticker), headlights faded only on drivers side (looked new on passenger side) and the passenger airbag cover not aligned up.

It also had the white windscreen at the bottom of both sides.

I'm happy to wait until my ideal one comes up.
_________________
2000 C4 Tip
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Endex
Monza


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 209
Location: Preston, Lancashire


PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sackerley wrote:
Update time!

Well I've not go the car.... Yet anyway. After traveling for over 4 hours to get there the car wasn't quite as expected. But lets start with the positives!

The car looks stunning. Not to many stone chips/marks. Overall great condition. Very nice to drive, amazing sound track! The carbon parts look very nice and really give it an even more upmarket feel (to me at least). The roads around the garage are perfect for this type of car.

So why didn't I bring her home.

- Well firstly the wheels looked great on the outers, the inners not so good. Don't get me wrong they where not terrible just not as good as they should be.

- The back of the seats are in a shocking state. Like the last owner had devil children that scratched them to pieces. I was pretty shocked by how bad they where.

- On the test drive there was a lot of wind noise from the drivers side. On investigation it seems the the door catch wasn't aligned properly follow the sills being resprayed. No way I could have driven it like this for 3 hours on the M1.

- Theres a small amount of 'milking' Not sure of the correct term here. But on the windscreen there is a small white milky patch, not huge and it sounds like theres no fix.


So what now - I can either walk away or the garage has agreed to refurbing the wheels & respraying the seat backs. I have asked if this can be done in silver to match the exterior, which I think would look great. They'll remount the door catch. They can't do anything about the windscreen.

My feeling is to get the work done and wait another 2 weeks. But there is a part of me that wants to walk away. I expected this is down the inconvenience of it all?!

Does anyone have an experience of the milky patch in the window? And can it be treated?

Oh one positive about having to get the train home... I was given a lift to the station in a a stunning 964 RS - my lord it was lovely. Terrible as a daily, heaven for a toy!


As has been said, good early cars are hard to find and if the dealer is prepared to do the work to rectify, noting the windscreen may not be possible, you'll have a car that is probably as good as you are going to get but just with a bit of a delay.
It's that or enter the search phase again which will doubtless turn up some of Cindrella's ugly sisters!
_________________
Porsche 997.1 C4S, Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sackerley
Monza


Joined: 16 Mar 2016
Posts: 168



PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve - that doesn't sound good. Was the car trade or private sale?

Y2K - I feel the same way. And yes its got a very good history, the ims and major service where done at RPM last November, along with stacks of stamps from main dealer and indy's. I'm getting timescales for the works, fingers crossed it won't be to long.

Endex - Yeah I hear you there. I don't fancy looking for others and this one will be top notch when these bits have been done. I'll have to sort the windscreen later down the line.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
stevepen
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 299
Location: Stockport


PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sackerley wrote:
Steve - that doesn't sound good. Was the car trade or private sale?

Y2K - I feel the same way. And yes its got a very good history, the ims and major service where done at RPM last November, along with stacks of stamps from main dealer and indy's. I'm getting timescales for the works, fingers crossed it won't be to long.

Endex - Yeah I hear you there. I don't fancy looking for others and this one will be top notch when these bits have been done. I'll have to sort the windscreen later down the line.


Trade sale.
_________________
2000 C4 Tip
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum