Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

upgrade

marino

Silverstone
Hi,thinking of upgrading from 997 to 991pdk 3.4 or3.8 any common faults that I should be aware of.Thanks

marino said:
Hi,thinking of upgrading from 997 to 991pdk 3.4 or3.8 any common faults that I should be aware of.Thanks

What do you think this is, the 996 forum??

MC

No faults , there just awesome :thumb:

Thanks. And Mister Corn,I don't know what that comment is about.

My 2014 C4S is coming up to its second birthday shortly.

Has never missed a beat in that time. Only issue was an oil leak from the sump plug after the OPC changed the oil about a year ago.

My comments are as follows, some of them simply standard 911 traits :-

1. Heavy stone peppering of the black sill finisher just forwards of the rear wheel and on the lower bumper immediately behind the rear wheel.

2. Chipping on the bumper and bonnet in line with previous experience.

3. Despite regularly nourishing the seat leather, the driver's seat is already showing creasing in a few places.

4. Oil consumption over 12K miles has been remarkably low at 0.5 litres.

5. Frustrated that after such a long time, that only the Pirellis are N-rated, much to Porsche's shame - dislike the performance on the limit where they just let go with no warning.

6. Got front and rear parking sensors, but not the rear view camera which wasn't available at the time. Worth having the camera if you can get it.

7. Make sure the large cover over the battery in the frunk is in one piece. Very easy to break the locating tabs off.

8. Both tail lights and headlights occasionally show some degree of misting. Have seen some cars with much more severe condensation which should be really changed out under warranty.

9. Protective shark fins at rear wheel arches are now severely marked and going yellow. Will need changed soon.

10. Electronic handbrake takes a bit of getting used to and electric PAS does not really detract from the overall front end feel.

In my opinion, "must haves" for a 991 C4S, are PSE and sports chrono. Get the 3.8 if you can. Good luck in your search. :)

Had my C4s nearly 18 months now and been back to the OPC for 1 of the heater valves ? was not working so the car cabin did not get warm even with driving some distance.The Porsche tech did say this was a known issue but they have not issued a recall.
Plus they replaced the off side rear window rubber surround as it sounded like the window was open when other cars went past.
If the car is a weekend drive or not driven for long periods I would suggest a battery charger as mine was flat over last winter of infrequent driving.
Apart from that a really great car,rear camera is a must.

Have had my 911 10 months now and mine went back with the same issue. Wouldn't get hot inside. Something to do with the solenoids which move the valve from hot to cold. Same solenoids allegedly used in the sports exhaust (which also failed on mine). The solenoids were changed to a newer version which Porsche use now but rather than recall they just replace as they fail.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back