Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Herring Maranello Driving Shoes

Leon1davies

Hockenheim
Anybody own a pair and would you recommend them?

Thought if I'm painting the 911's shoes blue at least we'd match

Herring-Herring%20Maranello-Gulf%20Racing%20Aqua-11154-5670-1.jpg

rivera-blue-996t.jpg

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produ...catid=132&oldcolid=4744&stype=0&colourid=5670

I've never heard of Herring Maranello (sounds like a made up name...) but these soft suede driving slippers are quite nice to drive in: I have some from Bexley (a French outfit).

I also have a pair of proper Piloti's (which are ironically much better for standing around in, if you're at a track or in the pits for a day), and I have several pairs of Puma Speedcats and Driftcats, which are the ones I actually use for driving.

Those Herring suedes are de rigueur with no socks knocking about camp :hand:

So , let me get this straight, you are planning on wearing these outside of the house, right :?:

Puma's are nice and comfy for a driving shoe, but rubbish in winter with it always being wet. I've got a pair of non flourecent indoor football shoes for the winter months. Seem to keep the water out. I've thought about the Piloti shoes but haven't got round to them yet.

kurlykris said:
So , let me get this straight, you are planning on wearing these outside of the house, right :?:

Oh Lord, please don't let PeterS see those shoooooz.....

Chief said:
kurlykris said:

Oh Lord, please don't let PeterS see those shoooooz.....

Too late sent by text :floor:

PeterS said:
Just waiting for a parcel from DHL

:thumb:

Some people might think you are joking. Pictures when you get them?

MC

PeterS said:

I am with PeterS on this, we should all have a pair of shoes in gulf livery and as Mr. Z said "de rigueur" . :thumb: :grin:

Go and look at any proper motorsport gathering and you'll find 99% of drivers and crew are in Speedcats/Driftcats.

I live in them and I think have about 30 odd pairs of them (might have something to do with being sponsored by them for quite a long time) and nothing else is any where near when it comes to a "driving" shoe as Speedcats/Driftcats are essentially Puma race boots in shoe form.

With regards to those shoes you posted earlier....... no.

PeterS said:

Oh good grief :whistle:

Phil 997 said:
PeterS said:

I am with PeterS on this, we should all have a pair of shoes in gulf livery and as Mr. Z said "de rigueur" . :thumb: :grin:

Basically a man should own a pair of gulf livery shoes, denim, brut, white spirit and a copy of Dire Straits Brothers in Arms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back