Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

So how would you value this one?

I like it ............ but I wouldn't pay £35k for it.

I don't understsand this messing with cars, it can never be a turbo so why blow 10k to pretend. Better off spending the 10k on future maintenance and leaving it well alone.

Someone will buy it eventually, but not sure what they will pay.

I think some people give up trying to sell, and put them back in the garage.

It does look nice, but don't they all!

I'm obviously missing something as that just looks like a turbo bumper on a narrow body car which has been left unchanged - save for a re-spray. These are all okay, I think?

Certainly not one for the purist.

The £10k spend is irrelevant TBH - the car is now what it is - it will appeal to somebody,

As for the price

:hand:

Okay, I'm not a fan of the clear side indicator repeaters. But those are not bank breaking to put right...

@tim993 I think he has done the side skirts too along with front bumper.

I agree with the above comments this one isn't actually toooo bad, we have seen a lot worse, I personally think £30k absolute tops.

He may be better to sell the new unfitted H&R springs separately.

Slightly off topic, does anyone know the rule about that small size of front number plate - is it legal?

Tim, I think it's got the wide body side skirts and arches. Or maybe just the side skirts? Quite a bit of blending going on there. I would have saved up a bit more and bought the S if I wanted that look.

Looks a nice car though.

How much would an unmolested c2 tip with £80k go for? I'm guessing around £35k which is where I'd pitch this one.

If I was in the market for an auto and had a budget of £35k then personally I'd be happy to buy this one as it offers the same driving experience but with the sexy looks of the WB for NB money. If you prefer the NB then that's easier as you can just buy a std NB.

Obviously it would mean I could never post on here as the sandal brigade would slaughter me but if if i just wanted a car to drive, and look at and weren't buying for investment reasons then personally I see nothing wrong with this. If it was a LHD to RHD conversion I would be more concerned but a turbo bumper and some side panels is pretty tame.

Everyone goes on about values but thousands of people buy new 911's each year just to drive and loose the value of this car in the space of 12 months.

Hi Kimbo - i see what you mean, i hadn't noticed the side skirts. I still think it is standard narrow body width, so these changes are pretty much cosmetic. He's not the first to have changed the front PU or indeed the rear spoiler for a turbo, RS or other look. The listing says: "There have been no modifications to the structure of the vehicle and the arches and shell of the car is completely original. " which kind of backs up my view that he hasn't touched the metal. I'm not too familiar with narrow body cars so others will be better able to judge this! Aside from all classic car prices being too high at the moment, this cars looks though it could be a decent buy, imho.

Hi Tim, yes I think you might be right. I'm no authority on WB cars. I've always like the turbo bumper.

Dream911 - that's a refreshing point of view. If you like it, buy it and don't think about values. Nice.

Something makes me think the new panels and full respray weren't "inspired" by a few stone chips (unless the owner is certifiable).

Those side skirts have been blended as per WB.

The thing is, if this conversion was done a few years ago, + £10k would have gone at least half way to buying an actual Turbo.

I'll pass on this one.

This seller has a passion for 911's and modifying to their personal taste. A couple of months ago the same seller had a very nice 911SC for sale that had a few choice modifications.

Horses for courses but not my bag... Trying too hard IMO.

C.

Funny how attitudes differ... the only thing that'd put me off is the interior (and the Tip box), which would make me walk away.

The "£10K" that's quoted above as converting to Turbo-look includes the new front, spray, wheels and all the other bits a ~20yo car needs. Heck, the list of 911UK peeps who've spent over £10K on their NB car is going to be a long one! (...if only!).

I think he'll sell at that level, no problem.

(But have the Beckeratti seen the stereo... they'll be rounding up a lynch mob!)

Is it my imagination or does the gap between bonnet and bummer look a bit large ........ :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back