Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hot starting issues

Richard964

Hi all,

So my 964 C4 starts from cold first time everytime no problem but starting from hot it is a nightmare. To make matters worst if it's hots and on a incline it just won't start at all....

Anybody had this issue?

It's had a full rebuild in the last two years...

Took the shine of my drive today having to push the car on to the flat and waiting for it to cool down..

😩

Sorry, don`t know the 964 at all, is it turning over ok but just not firing up ?

Someone will be along shortly to give you some pointers I`m sure :thumb:

Blocked fuel filter? Something to do with a faltering fuel pressure regulator in the fuel system? I seem to recall a few have suffered this in the past. Clinch you is one such sufferer...

Check out this thread. http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=93824 I cleaned my ISV and changed my fuel filter and my issues went away.

I had similar a few years ago and once I cleaned up the ISV it was spot on. Worth a go as a low cost first point of investigation. Good luck.

Check the fuel pressure regulator. If there is fuel in the vacum pipe it's normally knackered.

i have the same issue, car is with my indy trying to trace the fault (along with a few other jobs).
there is a few threads over on RList about it.
several suggestions as what is the root cause but everyone seams to have a different solution..... DME, ISV, Fuel pressure regulator, carbon canister on the fuel line, starter motor , crank sensor.

if I have any results to report ill let you know.

Michael

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back